PDA

View Full Version : Need help on dogs

rmz250
01-24-2006, 04:25 PM
Well i'm looking into getting adopting a dog. I'd like to get a puppy but don't know if I should. Right now i've had my eye on this dog, Oz.

http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=5563457&adTarget=&SessionID=43d002a725895db2-app3&display=&preview=1&row=0&tmpl=&stat=

Tell me your opinions on this dog/other dogs.

initall
01-24-2006, 04:30 PM
you can never go wrong with a Lab--- That is what i have had all my life. They are the most friendliest, loyal dogs, and great for duck hunting.

I have a yellow lab now

but i have had black, chocolate, and another yellow in the past.

honda400ex68b
01-24-2006, 04:37 PM
get a puppy if you can, if you adopt a grown dog you dont know what bad habits or ways they have until you get them home, then its to late. labs chew alot, as do most puppy's. get them a chew toy. if you want a real companion and friend for life that would do anything for you, including giving their life, consider a rottweiler. we have one, a little over 7 yrs old. big baby.

Honda400exrox
01-24-2006, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by rmz250
Well i'm looking into getting adopting a dog. I'd like to get a puppy but don't know if I should. Right now i've had my eye on this dog, Oz.

http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=5563457&adTarget=&SessionID=43d002a725895db2-app3&display=&preview=1&row=0&tmpl=&stat=

Tell me your opinions on this dog/other dogs.

If your parents would allow it, you should look into a pitbull puppy, they are the most loyal dogs in the owner, they are a very protective breed, and if you get a pitty pup and raise it RIGHT and not abuse it, they can be the best dog you ever get, they are a very very healthy breed and live till they are 12-16 years old,

this is my suck of a dog sleeping on the couch

DVXchic
01-24-2006, 05:25 PM
In your pic it says that he was adopted yesterday, was that you?
It depends if you are looking for a big dog or a little one. For a big dog i would recomend a rottie or shepard or bordercollie. bordercollies are extremely loyal but like to run, I never thought id like one until i brought home Dixie from the pound, She is a little starved for attention, and wont leave your side for a second. I think she was a little neglected before.

For a smaller dog Definitly a little sheltie (shetland sheepdog) Mine is the most amazing little dog, extremely smart and super loyal. Even people who dont like dogs have to admit Roxy is awesome. I think i made the right choice with her. she was pricey but worth every pennie.

DVXchic
01-24-2006, 05:34 PM
This is dixie, this dam dog can grab a bird right out of the air. and see mice or moles from 50 feet away.:eek2:

atvfrk10
01-24-2006, 06:58 PM
I would second a sheltie (shetland sheepdog). They are very loyal, learn very fast, and have a lot of energy. They always have to be around people.

Her is my sheltie collie, Dutch. He is a Blue Merrel (very rare color). He is still a puppy and hasnt grown all his hair yet.

DVXchic
01-24-2006, 08:28 PM
atvfrk10 your sheltie is beautiful, He will be really nice when he fills out. If you werent so far away i'd say lets get the two of them together, My girl needs a man:p

Quad18star
01-24-2006, 08:42 PM
Here's Cuda ..... he's a Lab/Collie mix . He loves to chew and loves attentions . Even though he's destroyed well over $1000 worth of my stuff since we've had him , I still love him to death . If you get a dog like this , be prepared to give them a lot of attention and a lot of excercise . I swear he could run all day if I let him . As of March 1st he's moving with my parents :( , so myself and my girlfriend are searching for a Chocolate Lab .

Titanium
01-24-2006, 08:44 PM
i've got 2 timberwolves that are tamed and trained. i love them things so much! we also have a border collie this dog is friggen smart! u can tell him to give u a hug and he will he'll also walk on his hind legs and roll over if u ask him i also can get him to grin like no other and i didn't even teach him that.

atvfrk10
01-24-2006, 08:50 PM
Well thanks, I think you dog is beautiful to. She has really nice brown eyes

Crazy Diamond
01-24-2006, 09:20 PM
I'd definately go with the Rotty. They ARE man's best friend. Here's mine getting ready to kick some butt...

01-24-2006, 09:41 PM
Titanium how did you tame and train timberwolves??

stace609
01-24-2006, 10:15 PM
If you're going to adpot, PLEASE adopt an adult dog. Puppies are always going to find homes but a lot of adult dogs won't. You'll be saving a life.

400exchick
01-25-2006, 06:12 AM
Originally posted by Titanium
i've got 2 timberwolves that are tamed and trained. i love them things so much! we also have a border collie this dog is friggen smart! u can tell him to give u a hug and he will he'll also walk on his hind legs and roll over if u ask him i also can get him to grin like no other and i didn't even teach him that.

2 Timberwolves!!!! wow!! Those animals are amazing. I chose the next best thing.

Titanium
01-25-2006, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by BrD MaN
Titanium how did you tame and train timberwolves??

Basically you just have to have them since they were a cub so you grow on them and once u gain their trust you teach them to sit, lay down, rollover etc jus like a dog. our oldest wolf was born the day before me so i got to share a play pin with him:p

FourFiftyFour
01-25-2006, 07:36 AM
Ive really been looking into buying a Sheltie one day..that or a Pembroke Welsh Corgi. They both seem like really nice dogs.

There are several different breeds that are great dogs...I have had several different kinds.. Yes I even have a pit bull right now (she hates the cold weather!) She is a very sweet dog and LOVES attention. Her name is Shelby. I have also owned a Golden Retriever...very wonderful dog named Nala...but she was definitely hyper as a young dog. My Lab mix Mitty who I trained for agility but quit bc he was too lazy (my one big problem with an adult lab...very lazy and easy going..i like a more active dog), a Sheltie/border collie mix named Glory, and a Husky mix named Camaro.. all very different dogs but they all have been great.

The only dog I ever had problems with was my Bloodhound Moto...I ended up selling him bc he was a bit aggressive and too dominant. Our personalities did not work out very well. lol

rmz250
01-25-2006, 08:51 AM
Well, Oz was adopted. My next choice was gilley.

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=3520133

400exchick
01-25-2006, 09:32 AM

cute dog! Congrats on getting a new pet

FourFiftyFour
01-25-2006, 09:36 AM
awww gilley is ADORABLE!

01-25-2006, 04:50 PM
Titanium where did you get them?(the timberwolves)

Mxjunkie
01-25-2006, 05:03 PM
I wub my doberman, been breeding them since I was in diapers, She was too old when we got her to get her ears cropped but oh well shes still a cutie :p

Titanium
01-25-2006, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by BrD MaN
Titanium where did you get them?(the timberwolves)

One of them came from a timberwolf breeder in iowa and the other came from another breeder in michigan i can get the specific town we went to get them i jus can't think off the top of my head what the name of the towns were.

infantry317
01-25-2006, 06:02 PM
Here's my killers :D Couple of knuckle-heads. You should see these two fight, its hilarious.

01-25-2006, 06:04 PM
rottweilers tend to get cancers alot ive hadthem all my life and they all died of cancer...now i have a aussie

trick450r
01-25-2006, 06:34 PM
i love my mut...i'll get pics of moto some time soon...hes like 4 months old chocolate lab, german shepard, rot mix...and the coolest dog i have ever been in contact with!

trx400exxracer
01-25-2006, 06:50 PM

here is my Austrailian Cattle dog (Blue Healer) she a good one and a smart one VERY SMART

here she is tearing up her turkey on Christmas Day

nowukno
01-25-2006, 10:59 PM
Here's mine......

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y266/nowukno/100_1024.jpg

awsomeaussies
01-25-2006, 11:38 PM
I'd diffinetly consider getting an older dog! Not many people do, but they could be your best buddy:) That way you can see there temperment and there disposition. I think Border Collies and Aussies are great dogs, but there not for everyone. There very, very energitic, not all of them, but most of them are. You basically got to think what breed suites you the best.... How much time are you at home, how big your yard is or how often your going to walk them and most apportantly how big of terds do you want to clean up:devil:
Here's my 2 Aussies
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/awsomeaussies206/ozzychase.jpg

ballz2thewall
01-26-2006, 07:02 AM
I have a chinese shar-pei, very loyal and lovable. My son is one as well as my dog and they play all the time. If my son cry's, Duffy will try to comfort him.

bradley300
01-26-2006, 07:18 AM
i have a bloodhound/basset hound/lab mix, he is the best dog ever!http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a308/bradley300/rusty/RUSTY012.jpg

trick450r
01-26-2006, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by ballz2thewall
I have a chinese shar-pei, very loyal and lovable. My son is one as well as my dog and they play all the time. If my son cry's, Duffy will try to comfort him.

my uncles girlfreind has a sharpei...very cool dogs, that dog was deathly afraid of his own shadow haha...the only thing is they die very young