PDA

View Full Version : Its Camera time!

QuadJunkies
01-24-2006, 01:50 PM
found a HUGE Error in my checkbook - in MY FAVOR So I think am going to apply it towards a new Camera on Friday.

I fall a few hundred dollars short of what I want I think after buying my warrenty(not sure how much that is but around 250.00 Im sure)

What I want to know is ,where do you think I should buy it??

Best Buy
Sears
??
??

I I REALLLYYY want the Cannon Rebel , I cant afford the NikonD70 that I wanted or the Lenses I would have to buy right off the bat and would like to have it in time for the wk end to play around with but if its too much I may have to wait one more pay check and make LilQJ wait on the a-arms and Swinger shes getting ....lol

I need lots of memory, good lense and instant on the button.

:eek: :p

Anyone have suggestions ?? Im open for any ;)

quadmaster88
01-24-2006, 02:37 PM
I would also like to know what a good action camera would be in the $300-$500 price range...

it can be either digital or film... just want good quality action shots

ShiftFMX
01-24-2006, 04:22 PM
Ken is the man to talk to about that!

ridered11
01-24-2006, 04:35 PM
i have this and i love it it's so small and really tuff. i've dropped it so many times and still works fine. this thing is litterally the size of the perimeter of a credit card. it also has allot of features and can take video. i'm sure you wouldn't be dissapointed with this camera in your price range. hope this helps

http://exilim.casio.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=cameras.features&exp_id=ECCE0FF9-B7DE-4D09-B341-0013B46DB0E6

oldsandman
01-24-2006, 04:55 PM
I have the D70 my bro. has the Rebel. He really likes the rebel and I really like the nikon. Either way I think you'll be happy!

250RXCrider
01-24-2006, 07:56 PM
I have been very happy with my Cannon Rebel XT, but by all means I am no profesional. I went through a couple of point and shot digital camers, but the SLR's can not be beat. I would check out www.bhphoto.com they have great prices.:D

Pappy
01-24-2006, 08:01 PM
the rebel xt will be fine, and you know what section to look in for tips:devil:

mine D100 is going to be sent for overhaul, she has served me well but time for some upgrades and roost removal:p i seen harlens new gear, infact i will be getting one of his soon

same serial number and all:devil: :eek:

knighttime
01-24-2006, 08:04 PM
you must tell us this secret way of keeping track of your checks that makes money :eek2:

QuadJunkies
01-24-2006, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by knighttime
you must tell us this secret way of keeping track of your checks that makes money :eek2: LOL!! Thats the 2nd time in two months I made a BIG error like that!! SHAME ON ME!:o :p

WEll, Im a little sad right now cause I am REALLY trying to keep this right at 1000.00 or maybe a little under. Il need good memory,battery charger,battery and at least one Lense to start off with.also a Ext. Warrenty. I have plans that will make this a VERY NEEDFUL things here really soon so I need to make this happen. I keep putting it off . I sure miss a good Camera:(

Im gonna check Best Buy and CompUSA first .
I keep rading all the latest in Cameras in the mags and they all point to the Nikon and Canon.

My last camera had HORRIBLE delays on the button.

QuadJunkies
01-25-2006, 02:12 AM
Ok... hows this for a deal??

http://www.buydig.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=CNACKD45

QuadJunkies
01-25-2006, 12:21 PM
Well I have shopped until Im blue in the face, and kept finding myself coming back to this

http://www.buydig.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=CNDRXTBn

I bought a bundle pkg. wich included

Body(black)
Lense
1 Gig memroy card
UV protector
5 year warrenty

All for $1020.00

That was the price of the camera alone ANYWHERE locally !:)

Also includes free shipping... Im sold!!:blah:

It should be here in a week.. Im soooo excited!!!!

BlazingYamahaYz
01-25-2006, 03:34 PM
The Nikon D70 is an amazing camera. I would save up a little more cash and pick it up. I have heard good things about the Canon Rebel, but I've never seen/used one. Only hearsay. I have used the Nikon D70 with 2 different lenses, and it's a great camera for action shots. I have a ton of great wakeboarding/basketball shots that I could never get with my other camera(Olympus Stylus 410-still a great camera tho). It has a VERY quick shutter speed and it is GREAT for capturing anything in motion. Many different modes for whatever you could need, and the picture quality/size is wonderful. Whatever you get DIGITAL is the way to go! Good luck and let us know what you decide.:)

knighttime
01-25-2006, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by BlazingYamahaYz
The Nikon D70 is an amazing camera. I would save up a little more cash and pick it up. I have heard good things about the Canon Rebel, but I've never seen/used one. Only hearsay. I have used the Nikon D70 with 2 different lenses, and it's a great camera for action shots. I have a ton of great wakeboarding/basketball shots that I could never get with my other camera(Olympus Stylus 410-still a great camera tho). It has a VERY quick shutter speed and it is GREAT for capturing anything in motion. Many different modes for whatever you could need, and the picture quality/size is wonderful. Whatever you get DIGITAL is the way to go! Good luck and let us know what you decide.:)

dude she bought a camera already. do you read the previous posts before you post:confused:

LOL

BlazingYamahaYz
01-25-2006, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by knighttime
dude she bought a camera already. do you read the previous posts before you post:confused:

LOL

Haha my bad, I thought she said she was looking at that pacakge:chinese:

QuadJunkies
01-25-2006, 11:28 PM
LOL.. ITs already a done deal . I made my decision

I got this

http://www.buydig.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=CNDRXTB

Its the 8 pixel XT model. :)

I have been torn between the two cameras for a long time now but this was just the best deal and I need a camera ASAP so I went with what was most afforadable.

But sure the ole man agrees though! :eek2: :p I think of this as an "investment".

LTZ400rider
01-25-2006, 11:34 PM
if you couldnt afford the d70 you should of looked at the d50 with 800 bucks, its almost the same and works amazing. congrats on your new purchase though

QuadJunkies
01-25-2006, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by LTZ400rider
if you couldnt afford the d70 you should of looked at the d50 with 800 bucks, its almost the same and works amazing. congrats on your new purchase though hey thanks!
well, the bumdle pkg. was great and Ive read ALOT of good things abou the rebel,I know a few freinds who have this camera also. Plus I think its a 6 vs. and 8pix and the camera is quite abit lighter .It was a toss up but Im happy with what I got ..... we will see how bad my photo shooting will be here soon :o :p cause I wont be able to blame it on the camera anymore!! LOL

QuadJunkies
02-08-2006, 01:48 PM
She arrived today...
D@mn..............

I cant wait to shoot me some GOOD pics now!!:blah: :cool:

JDiablo
02-08-2006, 01:50 PM
Well what are you waiting for?Go shoot some,lol.

QuadJunkies
02-08-2006, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by JDiablo
Well what are you waiting for?Go shoot some,lol.

Im hoping to this wk end at the MX! :blah: