View Full Version : dalmations

LTZ400rider
01-24-2006, 01:30 AM
any1 own a dalmation
is it true they go crazy from inbreeding
i always wonder why know 1 really owns them

FourFiftyFour
01-24-2006, 08:54 AM
a lot of breeds today have psychological problems from poor breeding. If you buy a dog for only like $250-300 from a local breeder who doesnt show the actual breed. Chances are you might get a dog that isnt up to breed standard (which means they might have severe health issues.) I know its expensive, but when I am researching on a place to buy a dog (I have about 3 or 4 different breeds I have been looking at for my next dog) and I have only been searching for breeders who show their animals they breed. The price is A LOT higher, but then you get a good quality dog that is truly bred for what the standard calls for.

LTZ400rider
01-24-2006, 10:22 AM
where can i find breeders? how much does a good breed dog cost?

Titanium
01-24-2006, 10:26 AM
My aunt had one and when it got old it started biting everybody. so we had to put it down.

PismoLocal
01-24-2006, 10:34 AM
think upwards of $1000. My Family just bought and american blue pit for $900 and we know the breeder he is sellin them for 12-1500 depending on they're size and looks.

PismoLocal
01-24-2006, 10:35 AM
i would imagine a properly breed dalmation would run more then a mean old pit bull.

FourFiftyFour
01-24-2006, 11:33 AM
you can go to the American Kennel Club website and look up breed information and they will have links to the breeds website. There you can usually find a list of good breeders in each state. Also you can google breeders in your state. If they have a website and have dogs they are showing and doing well in, then normally you found a good place that actually researches crosses of different bloodlines in the breed. When you pick out a breeder, you can buy a "pet" quality animal from the litter. These are usually the ones who wouldnt win in the show ring, but are just as well bred as the "show" quality pups. The breeder will usually have you sign a contract saying you will neuter your pet and not use it for breeding. The "pet" quality animals usually do not cost as much as the "show" quality ones. They can easily run anywhere between $600-1200 depending on the bloodlines, the breeders reputation, the show results from the parent dogs, etc etc.

trick450r
01-24-2006, 01:41 PM
i love my mut...rottwieler/ german shepard dad, chocolate lab siberian mom...and he could kick your pure breeds ***...haha hes a beast to anyway i dont like...but hes an awsome family dog...

LTZ400rider
01-24-2006, 09:10 PM
i been hearing alot of bad things about these dogs, do u think they really go crazy like this?

TM426
01-24-2006, 09:20 PM
STUPID, all of these dogs I have seen have issues. Im not going to be that guy that says they are all F'ed up. But, I have not seen one that was not off. My step dad had alot of plastic surgery to his nose with skin from his armpit to replace it. When he was a kid a dolmation (his friends that hi dog new him well) attacked him. A friend of mine when i was younger had one. The dog would nip hard at your hand if you stopped petting him. You would have to pet him constantly and he would follow you. LOL

LTZ400rider
01-24-2006, 10:59 PM
i really wish i can be around one before i can buy one, i only seen like 5 my whole life, and they were strangers. i never got to be around one.

im considering adopting one but im not sure if it would be from a good breeder or not. they say after 101 dalmations came out they were popular and alot of retarded people started breeding them and didnt know chit and were just tryin to make a buck. i heard they are nervous and become aggresive if not trained right

Bender
01-25-2006, 01:17 AM
Do some research about dalmation attacks on the web. Dalmations are rated the #1 dog to attack a person in the united states. All modern dogs breeds are man made, but dalmations in perticular come from a super inbred pool to get the markings they have today.

400exchick
01-25-2006, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by LTZ400rider
where can i find breeders? how much does a good breed dog cost?

try this link:

http://www.akc.org/future_dog_owner/index.cfm?nav_area=future_dog_owners

there's a classified section for breeders. You could probably find one close to you. Most breeders will welcome you to be around there animals before buying one from them. In fact, most of them (the good breeders, not puppy mills) will ask to meet you before even accepting to sell you one. You can ask their prices, they vary by breed and also if you want a show dog or family pet.

Good luck!!

oh yeah, a friend of mine has a dalmation, tempermental, but still an okay pet.