PDA

View Full Version : re jet

codybob
01-23-2006, 10:37 PM
ok i have been reading up on how to re jet i have a 95 300 ex and i just cleaned the carb and wen i get on it and go its fine until i i hit 3/4 throttle then it kinda bogs i was wondering is the fatc that the airbox has lil holes drilled in it( i didnt do it) and it has a k and n filter and stock exhuast...if i get the jet kit will it tell me what i have to do or should i have a pro do it im new to the whole workin on quads thing...i have a basic knowledge of the stuff just not putting in aftermarket ****...

Eddiesanders250
01-23-2006, 10:40 PM
The jet kit will come with instructions, and the jets you should use based on the mods you have. Get and aftermarket pipe on there and itll come alive. you have all that air coming in now you just need to get it going out faster.

codybob
01-23-2006, 10:47 PM
will it show me how to do the install...cuz i can do it as long as im told wat to do ive never done this b4 so i dont wanna be guessing u know wat i mean

sixer3
01-24-2006, 12:08 AM
with my jet kit it came with pictured instructions on how to install them for my particular quad, main jet is very very easy to change which is your problem from 3/4 throttle up you'll be on the main jet, sounds like u may need to go a bit bigger?, somone carrect me if im wrong and definately get a pipe or slip-on or hrc baffle or something to let that increased air-in OUT!