PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Help

MXYFZ59
01-23-2006, 10:12 PM
I just bought a 16' pace trailer used from a friend of mine. The outside has stickers on it and is dirty/mildewE, soap and water got alot off but what can I use to get it as white as possible? Also if you know a way to get the stickers off it would help. I have not started yet b/c I wanna get all the info before I start. If anyone has pics of the inside of there trailer so i can get some ideas on how I can build some cabinets and stuff. All the checker tile has been removed because of spots coming up and i dont really want to put more back down but i cant afford a spray in bedliner for the floor so its leaning back toward checker floor .Any ideas would help would help thanks

knighttime
01-23-2006, 10:17 PM
maybe spray it down with a bleach water solution, lets is soak a minute or two, then hose it all out then let it dry. then repeat. then do it again with some orange power cleaner, then hose the mofo out and let it dry.

then :confused:

knighttime
01-23-2006, 10:19 PM
they sell chit at wal-mart and there is a store near me called Trader Horn that sells stuff to get stickers off.

Don't be afraid to use WD-40, scotchbrite pads, and razor blades.

:huh :eek2:

troutman561
01-23-2006, 10:20 PM
preassure washer!!!!

parkers30
01-23-2006, 11:36 PM
You have to be careful when removing stickers off of the aluminum of enclosed trailer, the paint is often not bonded very well to the aluminum and can come up with the stickers.

We have a used a sticker 'eraser' that you chuck up in a drill which eats away the sticker, somewhat expensive, but very effective.

We have put down garage floor epoxy in two trailers now and it looks great and seems to hold up pretty well.

I'll grab some picsof my new trailer when I pick it up this weekend, it looks great inside :D

MXYFZ59
01-24-2006, 01:44 PM
So today I pressure washed it and it seem to get some off but now i think its not so much mildew like its more like road film or like from being under a tree ... it just not as white as it could be..thanks for the info tho and i think i will go with tha painting the floor but do you think it will be slippery when wet. I have heard about painting and putting sand in it so it wont be but just wanna make sure before i do something stupid like that and im sweeping it out every 2 minutes because of the sand.. THANKS

I still wanna see some pics of yalls rigs inside and out. If you have any ideas on graphics i would like to hear them im open to anything rite now

trx400exxracer
01-24-2006, 02:10 PM
something to get sticky stuff from stickers off is "OOPS!" I think you can get at wallmart

it also can get bubble gum off and paint and tar and other stuff

ex kid
01-24-2006, 02:21 PM
for the stickers I would try Accetone. our trailer is red and when we bought it there was alot of oxidation etc etc so we compounded it and waxed it. it did take awhile but helped alot.

AtvMxRider
01-24-2006, 03:09 PM
Don't waste your time putting the checkered board floor back in. I wish I would have never done it.

MXYFZ59
01-25-2006, 08:10 AM
Thanks OOPS is working very well with a razor blade to get them off.. LETS SEE SOME PICS of yalls trailer

trx400exxracer
01-25-2006, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by MXYFZ59
Thanks OOPS is working very well with a razor blade to get them off.. LETS SEE SOME PICS of yalls trailer

your welcome it can also be used for other things

and my trailer is one of those open trailers, but we are going to get a 16 by7 in the future or something close to that size