PDA

View Full Version : Carb/Over flow Problems

zuLi0
07-09-2002, 09:08 PM
Very interesting... I turn on my gas and gas comes out the overflow. I checked my floats they seem to "float" fine. Any idea what else could be wrong? Thanks to anyone that helps out or has experincecd the same thing.

:confused: :confused:

07-09-2002, 09:16 PM
When that hapened to me i just had alittle dirt in the carb and the float was sticking. I dunno

zuLi0
07-10-2002, 11:50 AM
anyone else have any other ideas why it would be doing this?

07-10-2002, 12:30 PM
Are ya sure the float bowl screw is all the way in,,,that's the only thing I can think of that would leak as soon as you turn on your gas..:confused: Also make sure the tube from the gas petcock to the carb is fully seated,,,it's something simple I'm sure you just can't see it..

Ex'r Marlin
07-10-2002, 12:48 PM
I assume the atv is level on all four tires? Just a quick thought I had, if the atv is sitting or standing up at a large angle... This will happen right away once you turn the gas on.

Oterwise.... Like Rico said to check.

Good luck.

CranMan
07-10-2002, 02:05 PM
Yeah like Rico said, theres a small flathead screw down on the bottom of the bowl where the drain tube is, if it's not closed fuel will run out like you said...other than that you might have a peoce of trash in your float valve needle that won't let it close fuly when the bowls full..

honda400zx
07-10-2002, 07:57 PM
u said the bowl floats but did u check if it was out of adjustment? also the needle valve might be trash the rubber at the end gets old and doesnt seal its probly the adjustment, all u need is a ruler and pliers hope this helps:)

papaw
07-10-2002, 08:31 PM
time to clean your carb..............