PDA

View Full Version : ITP Spider Tracs on a 300ex

Sjorge450R
01-23-2006, 07:36 PM
I know someone that has a set of Spider tracs that i can use if i want. They are 22" and i was wondering how everyone thinks they would be on a 300ex. As far as i know, these things are supposed to grip really good so i think they would be nice for a muddy XC race.

hardkoratvmxr
01-23-2006, 07:41 PM
unless you gear really low a stock 300ex motor will not pull them

Sjorge450R
01-23-2006, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by hardkoratvmxr
unless you gear really low a stock 300ex motor will not pull them
you dont think? They are stock size and 4 ply. Remember i race XC so i would be using these in the mud so i think that they would be better than my XC's.

and my motor isnt stock.

ZeroLogic
01-23-2006, 07:43 PM
I have spider tracks rear 22s on my 300ex with stock gearing and no engine mods. I love them they get out of everything. I have no trouble with mud sand or snow.

Trevor
01-24-2006, 05:33 AM
What do these tires look like?

Sjorge450R
01-24-2006, 04:29 PM
they look really aggressive

TCracin440ex
01-24-2006, 06:12 PM
ok...these tires are not really designed for a sport bike...i dont know why they are advertised as designed for a sport bike but they are not...they will beat the bearings out of the rearend of the bike....the lugs on these tires are horrible...my buddy used to have a set of pure sport realtors on his old 250x and he r eplaced more bearings because of these tires then a little bit...they also robbed alot of horse power...just get an agressive xc tire like razrs that will hook do fine in mud

300exryder
01-24-2006, 06:45 PM
Reduced wheelspin.... yes. Better traction...... hell yes!

I had Pure Sport Realtors on my 300ex for the winter/sand pits and they worked wonderfully. My buddy uses Spider Tracs year round on his Raptor and he has no complaints. You will definitely notice that they weigh more than stockers but you are gaining traction and ground clearance. I would say go for it, but that is just from experience, not speculation and hearsay :D

Sjorge450R
01-24-2006, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by TCracin440ex
ok...these tires are not really designed for a sport bike...i dont know why they are advertised as designed for a sport bike but they are not...they will beat the bearings out of the rearend of the bike....the lugs on these tires are horrible...my buddy used to have a set of pure sport realtors on his old 250x and he r eplaced more bearings because of these tires then a little bit...they also robbed alot of horse power...just get an agressive xc tire like razrs that will hook do fine in mud

they arent that much heavier than my 6 ply 20" Holeshot XC's so i dont see why they would were the bearing out. And i would only use these at tracks that i need that extra 2" of ground clearence.

Crazy Diamond
01-24-2006, 09:03 PM
I have a double row bearing carrier and several sets of aggressive tread tires. Get rid of the stock carrier, double rows are better anyway and you won't have any bearing problems. You can't beat a good paddle tire for soft hill climbing, mud running or really soft dirt/sand!

Rico
01-25-2006, 05:48 AM
Just strap concrete block or two on your axle, they wiegh and work about the same....:eek2: