PDA

View Full Version : racing for my 1st

ridered86
07-09-2002, 08:46 PM
im gonna race i hope for my first time next season when i turn 16,in the neatv mx's. look at my quad on the bottom im gettin a 416 and stuff but i dont even know what to do first,registration? stuff for the ex? what class? im nervous as ****,***** i cant even sleap and its a year away somebody tell me everything i need, thanks:confused: :(

MxDale71
07-09-2002, 10:58 PM
You need to make sure you have all the gear, and then just be ready. If it's your first time, race the beginner class. You can always move up but you can't just move down a class all the time. You can have the fastest quad in the world but the rider is the only one that can win that race. Just try to gain experience and set aside as much money as you can for those "just incase" kind of things, because no matter how fast anyone is, everyone WILL wreck multiple times. I know I sure as he!! have :blah .

07-10-2002, 07:39 AM
Call the tracks and see what they recommend you have to race,,such as nerfs, kill swithc, etc. Make sure you have all the proper riding gear,,,chest protector, boots, good helmet and goggles....and the only mod you might wanna get for the quad is a good set of aftermarket shocks..good luck and your first race just go out there for fun not to win,,you'll get plenty of chances to win throughout the year once you get comfortable..:D

ridered86
07-10-2002, 05:10 PM
thanks guys, feel a little bit better im gonna do those mods, but which suspension? and should i get the big bore first? im gonna go with the 416 when i do

ridered86
07-10-2002, 05:10 PM
also, what are the best nerfs? and how much$$$?

trx400ex
07-10-2002, 05:18 PM
Ac racing propegs, about 150, leave the engine stosk and sped ALL you money on the chassis, unless you have enought to do both....shocks...get Axis PEP Elka TCS or works

250rmike
07-10-2002, 06:31 PM
ac pro pegs are the best but theres gonna be a wait. also i would go with tcs elka or pep. but i dont know what the track is like. if it is more beginner friendly then you should be ok with works. if it has more big jumps and doubles and stuff and you plan on taking tem and not bottoming or if you case not getting killed go with the others.

07-11-2002, 08:20 AM
Go with shocks first definitly,,since your just getting into racing,,go with works steelers unless money is no object then go with the best. Chassis is the first thing you need to do no matter what,,,wider axle, smaller mx tires, nerfs and front shocks are a must before any motor work. Here's a 60 foot downhill jump that my works steelers soak up just fine..