PDA

View Full Version : wb rev box????

eldoexrider01
07-09-2002, 08:39 PM
ive heard bad things about these. my friend had one and really couldnt tell a big power increase. but after a year he took it off to see how it did and it didnt run right (to him, ina seat of pants feeling). i was wondering if anyone wanted to sell theirs. or had any comments about these????

OutlawEX
07-09-2002, 10:06 PM
Hey man i recently purchased a Wb rev kit after my stock CDI went out and let me tell what it did,the Wb rev kit made a difference in bike and i have alot of mods,the rev kit seemed to give it more mid range and it had better throttle response alot better...Ok man id suggest getting one:devil

Castor-426ex
07-09-2002, 11:14 PM
ive got one too...let me tell you...i NEVER have a hard time starting my quad, and it made a heck of a difference in the whole rpm range....snap to install...but a little costly...

By the way if you need the stock cdi I have one perfect shape...let me know pm me

400exbat
07-09-2002, 11:43 PM
I've got one for sale. I took it off my bike when I bought it. I've still got the box with the price tag of 125 bucks on it. If you want it pm me.

07-10-2002, 12:02 AM
Friend of mine ahd trhe wb rev limiter and the bike would not start when it was cold out. talk to marcums. he has a unlimited rev limiter. I have and have had no problems with it at all. the cost is $104

Punk13rym
07-10-2002, 04:15 AM
Originally posted by bonnetteb1
Friend of mine ahd trhe wb rev limiter and the bike would not start when it was cold out. talk to marcums. he has a unlimited rev limiter. I have and have had no problems with it at all. the cost is $104

is it worth it to get the unlimited rev box. can't it hert the motor if it just keeps reving higher. how many rpm's can you get out of it?

07-10-2002, 04:52 AM
i'm no expert in this stuff but the white brothers catalog claims that your maximum rpm's will climb to 10300 instead of 9300 stock. by the way, i bought my 400 EX and it came with it off the bike. wheres it go? hope that was some help dude!

07-10-2002, 09:06 AM
Don't waste your money on them it will over time make your quad hard to start or not start at all,,,mine worked fine for 7 months then I could NOT start my quad with it installed...also,,the powercurve on a 400ex drops off around 9,300 RPM's so getting more RPM's is doint nothing for your motor but working it harder than it was designed for...sorry guys but I give the WB rev limiter a 2 thumbs down..

PS..I think it's GT thunder's website that has dyno's of stock 400ex's with and without the WB CDI and it shows NO power gain what so ever...spend the money on something else..

tahoe97
07-10-2002, 01:57 PM
i installed one on mine and it really seemed to give it more throttle respone and punch.. just made the bike seem more peppy. Was well worth the money in my opinion

nakomis0
07-10-2002, 02:17 PM
Good for high modded bikes.

In the winter forget about it, just use your stock box.

Unlimited rev box.. now that don't seem like a good idea. I would have blown my motor now if I had unlimited.:devil

07-10-2002, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by tahoe97
i installed one on mine and it really seemed to give it more throttle respone and punch.. just made the bike seem more peppy. Was well worth the money in my opinion

I'll second that. My stock CDI was going out though so the improvement may have been from that but I doubt it.

TravEX
07-10-2002, 08:16 PM
i'm glad to hear all this input on the WB rev kit, cause i got mine with the White Bros "E" kit over a month ago and i installed everything but the rev kit, so i guess i'll give it a try,,,i'm not interested in the extra rpm's that it allows, i just want it to feel stronger,,,later

07-10-2002, 08:45 PM
i am considering buying an ex, people tell me that the yellow ones are faster than the red ones is this true, i know that blasters are faster cause they have banshee trannys.

07-11-2002, 02:52 PM
HAHAHAHA! what a dumb question! NO!! whoever told you this is pretty dumb! there all made in the same factory! (the yellow ones DO look better tho....) lol

FAST400
07-11-2002, 05:54 PM
mrpolaris250,whoever told u that yellow ones r faster that red ones is just as stupid as that question is,an there is no way a blaster is faster than a 400 just because it has a banshee tranny in it.the best thing u can do is sell ur polaris,if u have one,an get u a 400ex.i wood not have polaris if someone gave it 2 me.

DiceMan400
07-11-2002, 05:58 PM
Dont do it bro.... Spend the money on something worth while........ You do not gain anything from a rev kit....... Who ever said it makes the bike "peppy", it is all in your head........ I have seen them turn engines into crap........ Try to start you bike in the winter a few months after installing it........ It will get to the point where it wont start at all........ If you put a rev kit in your bike you might as well as put sugar in your gas tank....... The rev kit wont kill it as fast but the end result will be the same...... A useless engine.....

OutlawEX
07-30-2002, 10:56 PM
hey man I just recently bought a Wb rev kit after my stock cdi went out,and i could tell a huge difference in the throttle response..And also it seemed to give it more bottom to midrange,my bike would wheelie alot easier with the WB kit...I would suggest it...

VegasEx'r
07-30-2002, 11:44 PM
If you are really wanting to waste your hard earned money, don't buy the rev box, just send your cash to me :devil :cool: :macho

Castor-426ex
07-30-2002, 11:47 PM
like I said I love mine...and no problems...Stock 400's are hard to start cold anyways..bump the pilot up if you are stock..
Its up to you....just by itself I couldnt tell much...but when you put it on a modded ex..like I did....it rocks...I put my stock box on and everyone that rides it can tell a difference..

OutlawEX
07-31-2002, 12:17 AM
ya im some what with castor,I have a highly modded 400ex and i could tell a big difference,but i donno if u can tell on a stock set up

Teufel
07-31-2002, 07:36 AM
I will sell you mine.....IMO they are a pain in the ***. They move the timing curve and thus require the motor to turn a higher rpm to get a spark to ignite. When the ambient temp drops mine will not start. WB replaced mine as I raised so much **** but the second one was no better. They have a disclaimer now. It only moves the rev limiter less than 1000 rpm. I do run it in the summer but come sept it will have to come off