PDA

View Full Version : Help with camshaft

kc7314
01-23-2006, 06:07 PM
I tore my bike apart and took a look at the cam. The cam is a Web unit that has etched into it 450 +5 and 451 +5 which ate my rockers. Does anyone else make a drop in cam with around the same specs, so I wouldn't have to hardweld my new rockers?

NacsMXer
01-23-2006, 07:32 PM
Yeah I had that exact same cam which consequently showed toasted rockers at the time of my last rebuild. I didn't know hardened rockers were required either being a mild cam; I only thought it was required on the 463/9i Webcam. Guess I was wrong. Replace your rockers with OEM ones though and you can run a stage 1 Hotcam which is very similar. Stock rockers ok.

I can tell you that the HRC cam will be by far the best drop-in cam. It's only downfall is the price, it's about twice as much as you paid for that Webcam. If you at least have a hi-comp piston it will really wake up your motor. This cam is only really suitable for a nonstock motor though.

PimpC
01-24-2006, 03:57 PM
I tried to buy that hrc cam off of servicehonda.com and they said it was discontinued. I really want that cam not rip off version.:ermm:

NacsMXer
01-24-2006, 04:03 PM
I just talked to Laz from GT Thunder yesterday, he has the HRC cam in stock...:)