PDA

View Full Version : K&n

heavy_d
07-09-2002, 08:10 PM
Could you notice a difference in power if you put just a K&N air filter alone with the stock air box lid?

TheX1992
07-09-2002, 08:14 PM
thats what im running....k&n with stock airbox and lid on....when i put it on my shoulders could move out of thier sockets anohter half inch when i hit the gas :)

heavy_d
07-09-2002, 08:17 PM
thanks for that very specific info

Castor-426ex
07-09-2002, 10:59 PM
with just the filter...youre not going to notice much or nothing...but when you re-jet, and add a good exhaust...it all comes together...

you know..?? crawl....walk....run....??

07-10-2002, 10:49 AM
what do u mean rejet, what jets do i change and to what?
i am at 3,500 feet

07-10-2002, 10:52 AM
is the K&N jet kit what you mean?

tayz34
07-10-2002, 12:25 PM
i diddent feal anything when i put on a k & n but i think it helps as far as horse power a little. when you take off your lid on your air box you will get even more air flow. More air = more power. but you wont get much power if you dont rejet. jets are inside your carborator and control the gas/air mixter. when you at more air with the high flow air filter(k&n) and open air box you are adding more air so you need to change your jets. there is a pilet and a main jet. there is also a needle. http://www.exriders.com/jetting/jetting.shtml
go there to find out more about jetting. you should probley leave your lid on until you get a pipe and then you can put in bigger jets and you only have to do it once. talk to you all later
Mac-T

AIM name = tayz88

TheChknhwk
07-10-2002, 12:50 PM
I got the power kit from K&N which consists of filter, dynojet kit, w/jetting recommendations, & a prefilter & cleaning supplies. I went stage II w/stock exhaust & no airbox lid. I'm not saying it was like a new bike or anything, but it improved if not dramitically the midrange throttle response (2nd-4th gear, 4500-7000RPM). You may also consider adjusting the throttle cable since they seem to have about 3/4" of play in them. I now have the E Series S bend & a rebel ceet cover on the way. Can't wait to try them out!!

Hope this helps ~ Hawk