PDA

View Full Version : 300ex wont start

RidinRed420
01-23-2006, 03:58 PM
Hey...I'm new here.. I am lookin for some help with my 300ex.. I went ridin 2 weeks ago and put her away for a week... went back the next weekend to ride and she wouldn't start.. When I turned the key nothing happened, no lights (the switch was on), no neutral light. I turned off the lights and the neutral light flickered but stayed on so I tried to start it... the neutral light went out but it didn't try and start or even make a noise.

So we got a new battery charged it up and still nothing.. My boyfriend thinks it might be the rectifier?? But its almost 200$'s and I'm not sure thats the problem... and if it isn't you can't return it.. Can you test it with a multimeter??

Anyone else ever have this problem?? Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

RRP
01-23-2006, 04:23 PM
did you try starting it with the clutch lever pulled in?If your neutral switch is screwing up,you might need to try it.Try jumping your starter selenoid with a screwdriver if it rolls over the that might be bad.

ZeroLogic
01-23-2006, 04:35 PM
Check all of your conections, check your connection to your battery also. If its rusty sand the rust off.

Out_Sider
01-23-2006, 06:05 PM
put the quad in neutral, make sure the switch on the bars is set to RUN, make sure key is on and clutch lever pulled IN. Then take the rear fenders off. Follow the positive battery cable to the starter solenoid (cylinder shaped object with 2 bolt on attachments) Take a screw driver and while holding the plastic part of the screwdriver connect the 2 bolts together. And if the quad starts, your starter solenoid is bad, if it doesn't start, check your neutral and reverse switches which are located behind the rear brake lever on the side cover of the motor.

RidinRed420
01-23-2006, 08:21 PM
Thanks guys! I really appreciate it... I already took her apart and checked all the wires/connections and they all looked ok. and my boyfriend tried startin her with the clutch in... I am going try the selenoid this weekend, and hopefully get her runnin.

Thanks!
Colleen :)