PDA

View Full Version : herrmann A-arms

TRX23rider
01-23-2006, 12:17 PM
anyone got these herrmann a-arms. By this review they sound pretty good anyone else have any imput?

http://www.atvriders.com/reviews/herrmannracingaarms.html

NacsMXer
01-23-2006, 12:27 PM
They are good quality A-arms that you shouldn't have any issues with. Same proven Laeger-style standard travel design.

TRX23rider
01-23-2006, 04:09 PM
do you know where i can get them and about how much they are?

250xridamatt
01-23-2006, 06:18 PM
herrmann racing (www.herrmannracing.com) This should do it. I havnt had any problems with mine. I really like them.

TRX23rider
01-23-2006, 06:56 PM
there site is under construction that is why i was wondering if there was anywhere else? BTW how much did you pay for your?

250xridamatt
01-23-2006, 08:01 PM
Sorry, Mine were on the quad when I bought it.

Hellbound Racing (http://www.hellboundracing.com/product.htm) carries Herrmann stuff. I hear they are a pretty good place to get parts. I didnt see the price there, so if it isnt on there just call and ask.

TRX23rider
01-24-2006, 09:03 AM
do you have a pic of the ones you have?

01-24-2006, 11:29 AM
doug gust sis their one of the best value a-arms on the market so they must be good if he sis they are and they dont sponser him eather.

TBD
01-24-2006, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by hetdrunk
doug gust sis their one of the best value a-arms on the market so they must be good if he sis they are and they dont sponser him eather.
I didn't know that Gust was a design engineer. I know he hauls but on a quad but I didn't realize that he knows so much about sturctural design of suspension components. Of course I'm bieng sarcastic. Just because he's a pro and can ride a quad really well doesn't mean that he has a clue about the components. I'm not trying to say he doesn't know but too many of you just assume that the pros have just as much knowledge as the people designing the part.

250xridamatt
01-24-2006, 01:22 PM
The powder is starting to chip at the bottom but it is most likely because of roost and rocks. This is the best picture I have of the front end.

NacsMXer
01-24-2006, 01:58 PM
Yeah that's Herrmann's LT front end ^^^, very nice setup. He's looking at their standard travel arms though, completely different design.

TRX23rider
01-24-2006, 04:28 PM
ae they still as good???? i want something that isnt to wide i was thinking +1. they look pretty durable to me. i just cant find a price on them anywhere.

sammy5x
01-24-2006, 04:34 PM
Contact 300exHILLER. he has had numerous problems with his.

wolffie
01-24-2006, 05:58 PM
does C@D carry the +1 Herman A-arms? they might be a place to check!

TRX23rider
01-24-2006, 06:06 PM
no i already checked they dont carry them, tomorrow im gonna call them and see how much they r.

wolffie
01-24-2006, 06:44 PM
sammy5x, you say that the Herman +1 A-arms have some problems? could you be more specific? thanks man, i appreciate your feedback!

sammy5x
01-24-2006, 07:29 PM
Only with the old ball joints, they may have been updated. Herrmann is a great company and makes great products. He stands behind his products more than ANY other fabricator. I run a very large race team out of Greater Boston Motorsports and have dealt with many other companies. Herrmann products are available thru Ronnies mail order. Call 800-253-7667 and speak with Aaron. Tell him Scott Samuel told you to call and to hook up the price. They are the largest distibutor of Herrmann products in the USA. Again, contact 300exHILLER on a PM and he will explain his experience. He had a small problem with the ball joints and Herrmann sent him new ones overnight - free! How many other companies (in any industry) would do that?

wolffie
01-24-2006, 07:47 PM
wow! that sounds pretty sweet! thanks alot for your info man!!!!!

Pro1200
02-01-2006, 03:56 PM
Ronnies mail order carries Hermann Racing products..
I'm lookind in their catalog right now.

300exHILLER
02-02-2006, 10:05 AM
Call Ronnies. My ball joints have been bad but the arms are great. He doesn't make the ball joints so don't put it on Brad Herrmann. His & Ronnies customer service is awsome. I have a Herrmann Stem as well. I can put an order in on monday and have the part at my house and powdercoated by the weekend. One time I ordered a stem on tuesday morning and he had it at my door thrusday night as I was leaving for a GNCC.

TBD
02-02-2006, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by 300exHILLER
Call Ronnies. My ball joints have been bad but the arms are great. He doesn't make the ball joints so don't put it on Brad Herrmann. His & Ronnies customer service is awsome. I have a Herrmann Stem as well. I can put an order in on monday and have the part at my house and powdercoated by the weekend. One time I ordered a stem on tuesday morning and he had it at my door thrusday night as I was leaving for a GNCC.
Sorry to say but it is his ball joint problem. He is the one that decided to use them with his arms. I doubt someone forced him to use them. That is if he actually designed the arms himself. I know lots of other companys that have parts in stock. I'm sure he does offer great customer service but like I said when he or whoever decided to use those ball joints it makes it his problem. There are a lot of options as far as ball joints go.

gibson400ex
05-16-2006, 06:41 PM
gabriel racing out of mass carries them to

www.gabrielracing.com

SwainRacing
05-17-2006, 08:33 AM
Here are their standard travel A Arms on our 05 TRX . They are +2. I was the first one to Break on of their Arms they told me last year after hitting a Rock at the Wisp GNCC. They held up good and are built a little to good I think. From hitting the rock, and them not breaking sooner Trashed my frame! I would recomend them and they are good to work with.