PDA

View Full Version : ARC summer riding gear & boots

kx515
01-23-2006, 10:22 AM
Has anyone tried this gear?? I was looking at the corona v-gear and it says that it is fully vented. I am waiting something that flows well for the summer.

Have any of you tried the new ARC mx220 boots. They look similar to the sidi boots but they are a fraction of the cost.

here are some pics

Boots: http://www.rockymountainatv.com/viewLargerImage.do?prodImage=A/ARC_05_MX_220_BOO_BLK.JPG

Gear: http://www.rockymountainatv.com/productDetail.do?prodFamilyId=8198&navTitle=Rider+Apparel&webCatId=1&pageLinkUri=&vehicleType=&webTypeId=105&navType=type

wanta450
01-23-2006, 11:41 AM
ive been wonderin too

trx400exxracer
01-23-2006, 01:44 PM
have you thought about the MOOSE Sahara gear

NacsMXer
01-23-2006, 01:49 PM
Cheap and jerseys/pants are one thing, but IMO cheap and protective gear like boots and helmets don't go well together :o

kx515
01-23-2006, 01:54 PM
Hey nacs I know what you are saying. That is why I was asking the question about the boots. However sometimes you are just paying for a Name. The boots look very similar to the Sidi but I'm sure the quality is not as good. trx400 I'll check out the moose gear. Thanks.

450robot
01-23-2006, 04:54 PM
i have had arc corona boots for a year and a half now, and they have been through atleast 10-12 hard xc races, mud, sand, water, scuffing surfaces, you name it, they have been through it

and they held up awsome! still look like the first day i bought them

they make good quality products at a cheap price, atleast i approve of them

trx400exxracer
01-23-2006, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by 450robot
i have had arc corona boots for a year and a half now, and they have been through atleast 10-12 hard xc races, mud, sand, water, scuffing surfaces, you name it, they have been through it

and they held up awsome! still look like the first day i bought them

they make good quality products at a cheap price, atleast i approve of them

and those are the cheaper ones

wonder what the other ones would do for you

kx515
01-23-2006, 05:25 PM
mmmmm. makes me wonder. Yea I have a cheap set of thor t-30 and they have held up great!!! I'm just wanting something different with out paying $300

NacsMXer
01-23-2006, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by kx515
mmmmm. makes me wonder. Yea I have a cheap set of thor t-30 and they have held up great!!! I'm just wanting something different with out paying $300

Yeah, I know what you mean that about paying for a name. But with Alpinestars for example, you indeed are paying for top of the line quality. How a boot holds up over time has nothing to do with the amount of protection and support it can offer. For example, I have a set of Alpinestars Vector boots that i've had for a couple years. Yeah, they've held up great with use over the years, but they don't even come near to offering the same support as the Alpinestars Tech 8's I now run. Both are excellent quality boots, but from my own experiences, the Tech 8 has unparalleled protection. Like comparing apples to oranges.

I jammed the chit out of my right ankle jumping a kicker and then landed the quad on the axle pretty much vertical from about 20 ft up. Almost shattered my ankle and I couldn't walk for like 2 weeks last summer. I know if I would have been wearing economy-level boots, I would have been done for. I know it sucks to pay so much, but nobody said this hobby was cheap. Like I said, when it comes to protective gear, I don't compromise.

Just sharing my thoughts...but its your money and not my decision :)

450robot
01-23-2006, 06:55 PM
well, ive taken my own share of spills, and most of them landing directly on my feet

there have also been a number of times where my foot has gotten caught on the quad, or my nerfs while the quad was tipping over... where in a normal circumstance would twist and break my ankle, the boots have saved me

so, my arcs protect me just fine, until i break something, or sprain something, i will give the thumbs up for A.R.C.

NacsMXer
01-23-2006, 06:57 PM
Good to hear...:cool: Those boots do look good in those pics if they've been through all that! :eek2:

I'm just always skeptical about cheaper products, you sort of have to be when researching before buying. That's cool you are able to give him a first hand testimonial though.

kx515
01-23-2006, 08:26 PM
thanks for the help guys. Hey Nacs, I hear ya about the tech 8's those boots are great!! I really like how they have the inner bootie. I have a friend that has the Sidi boots that are similar to the ones that I posted. They have the pivot at the ankle and he really likes that. Don't get me wrong on spending money on safety equipment because I fully believe in safety!! besides safety is my profession. I have thought about getting a set of tech 8's but I really hate breaking them in... That's why I was looking at the ARC. They say they are a top of the line boot plus it has the pivot at the ankle which I would think, would help on breaking them in.

NacsMXer
01-23-2006, 08:41 PM
Yeah I love the tech 8's. The break-in wasn't much of a problem for me after 1 day at the MX track. I really didn't notice problems with shifting either. I've taken lots of hits with them, been bucked off, had my own quad flip onto me, etc lol and haven't felt a thing when I was wearing those tech 8's. Now, they're very comfortable.

01-23-2006, 08:54 PM
I have 2 pairs of Gaerne SG-10's, and they are the best boots on the market, bar none. I have tried every pair of high-end boots, and these are the ferarris of boots. One boot I would not reccomend, though, are Alpinestars Tech 10's. I chewed the **** out of those soles in about 2 rides. If they weren't free, I would have been uber pissed.