PDA

View Full Version : new renthals

$$$moneyex
07-09-2002, 06:55 PM
hey i just bought brand new renthals for my 250ex. they are atv race bend. are they supossed to be bent up a little higher on the left side. my neighbor thought he saw the left was a little higher. but we cant tell. my dad also mentioned somthing about it but he always says somthing about everthing i buy for my four wheeler.

waloud
07-10-2002, 09:39 AM
Let us know how you mount your light, ignition switch and choke. I got a new pair of renthals 615, but haven't gotten around to mounting them yet.

froggieboi
07-10-2002, 11:01 AM
They are supposed to be the same. One side should not be higher. Make sure your wheels are straight and use a tape measure from the ground to each handlebar end. That should tell you if one side is higher.

07-10-2002, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by $$$moneyex
are they supossed to be bent up a little higher on the left side.

No they are not..:huh

Ex'r Marlin
07-10-2002, 01:50 PM
Sorry if this does not make any sense, I am not familiar with the 250ex yet, but I would also check to make sure your steering stem is not bent up on the left side or bent down on the right. If so, this maybe the reason your left side of your handle bars are higher. I would be very surprised to find that the Renthal bars came to you with one side different than the other.

$$$moneyex
07-10-2002, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by waloud
Let us know how you mount your light, ignition switch and choke. I got a new pair of renthals 615, but haven't gotten around to mounting them yet.

i havent done it yet but when i do remount my key and all im am goin to mount it in front of where the black thing is.(if you move the black thing the keys is mounted on in front of that there is the light. the plastic kinda comes out alitte bit. i think it is the perfect place to put it.) when i do it ill take a picture to show you all. and im just goin to take of the round choke lever and cable. if you look at the carburator the choke is right there on the side facing the shifter.

and by the way i was riding it today and the bars didnt feel bent i think it was just my imagination.