PDA

View Full Version : 06 450er vs 04 hrc 450r

Lil90man!!
01-22-2006, 09:31 PM
Just got my 06 450 this past tuesday been riding it all week get'n it broke in, today went riding with my buddy thats got a 04 450 with an hmf pipe, and the hrc kit, so of course we had to race. Surprisingly he only beat me by mabye a bike length or so and he couldn't pull on me till we hit 5th gear, he pulled me right after he hit 5th then i'd stay even right to the limiter. but when i was riding his, it felt like it had a lot more bottom end grunt to it. BTW my bikes still completly stock right down to the insert still in the muffler, can't wait till wensday when my new jets and needle come in and parts get holes cut in them and stuff comes off:devil: , Just out of curiosity has anyone gotten the jet kit from the hrc kit by itself? i didn't wanna spend the 500 for the hrc kit and gett'n it installed so i'm gonna cut a hole in the airbox, remove the insert in the muffler and do the green wire mod myself, but they wouldn't let me just buy the jet kit, i could buy every jet right out of the kit, but they said they couldn't sell me the hrc needle:mad: so i went ahead and got the needle for the 06 crf, hopefully it'll work. heard a few people say things about it but theres about a million different needles for that carb so ? we'll see i guess:P

atvdude
01-22-2006, 10:19 PM
I bought my HRC kit for 360 dollars. that is a steel. What you are doing doesnt include the Cam and bigger head pipe so i highly doubt you will get the ame results. Just spend the $360 and install it yourself. the kit has a how to in it also.

sweet lou
01-23-2006, 03:52 PM
does the 06 hrc kit include and over size end cap!!:confused:

Abrannan19
01-23-2006, 05:02 PM
yes it does...and whoever is paying 360-500 buck for the HRC kit is crazy they are on ebay right now for 287.95 and 297 shipped mine will be here tommorow..but if you go that route and plan to haver your dealership put a kit in that you didnt buy from them call and make sure that they will intsall it first..i called the people i bought mine from and they wouldnt do it ..they are greedy..but one like 20 miles from my house will and it goin on wednesday to get installed..im sooo excited i know its gonna be crazy fast.

Abrannan19
01-25-2006, 09:02 PM
WOW what more can I say ...what a diffrence the power is incredible. reday to race my brother again on his 380 banshee with a fresh top end and high rev CDI box.. The power for under 600.00 installed is crazy..Highly Reccommend this kit who just cant get enough power

remmyTRX
02-07-2006, 09:31 AM
You paid $600 for the HRC kit installed?

That is a crazy amount of money. You could have done it all yourself. I paid $90 for the hotcam, removed the baffle, have an aftermarket endcap and rejetted for way less than that.... right at $150.

Just letting you know that just because you didn't pay $360-500 for the HRC kit doesn't mean you got a deal.

BTW, I am not bashing you.

All that matters is that you are happy with the performance, right?

I see that you are from Jacksonville.... have you ever made it to Osceola Forest in Lake City?

Jonas
02-07-2006, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by remmyTRX
You paid $600 for the HRC kit installed?

That is a crazy amount of money. You could have done it all yourself. I paid $90 for the hotcam, removed the baffle, have an aftermarket endcap and rejetted for way less than that.... right at $150.

Just letting you know that just because you didn't pay $360-500 for the HRC kit doesn't mean you got a deal.

BTW, I am not bashing you.

All that matters is that you are happy with the performance, right?

I see that you are from Jacksonville.... have you ever made it to Osceola Forest in Lake City?

Your not comparing apples and apples here.

remmyTRX
02-07-2006, 10:52 AM
Please explain....

I didn't say anything about apples. ;)

All I am saying is that $600 is not a deal for the HRC kit installed.

Of course, that is just my opinion.

Abrannan19
02-07-2006, 02:54 PM
well...the biggest thing is not the money it actually the warranty for me..i bought the HRC kit and had honda install it therefor my 6 month warranty will not be voided..and if i choose to buythe extended warranty after that 6 months it is available.I know that there is a mucher cheaper route to come to the same conclusion and possibly get more power..and save money buy doing it yourself but i want my warranty.

Oh yea and no i have not rode there but really interested in it..if you have let me know about it..

atvdude
02-07-2006, 03:40 PM
i agree and have done the same thing. i got the hrc kit for 360 and paid the shop to install for 200 dollars. and have the full 4 year extended warranty. This is very important to me since i have heard of some problems that occured on some 450rs on this site and others have no problem. For peace of mind i am going the warranty way even though i could put the hrc kit on in my sleep. Not taking any chances with my big investment. and to have a full race quad under warranty for 4yrs is just great. this is my input.

Troyer23J
02-07-2006, 05:56 PM
How much is the extra warranty?

Abrannan19
02-07-2006, 07:14 PM
at my dealer its like 540 or something like that but it adds 42 months so you have a total of 48 months...also you can wait until right before the factory warranty expires..thats what im doin

300extreme#8
02-07-2006, 07:24 PM
warranty aint worth a crap unless it's totally mafunctions and messes something on it's own, and u've never been in the motor.. once u touch a track once u can forget the warranty, b/c they will consider what messes up ur fault and not hondas... when i first bought mine the next day i bent the axle and was like they can atleast warrant an axle.. they wouldn't they said it's my fault for jumping and not landing right.. i was like wtf.. and after that my engine burned up and they didin't warranty any of the parts they had to replace b/c they say i didn't oil my filter propperly, i didn't touch it, but i raced it so they assumed... not worth the money unless u gotta a pretty good Dam story behind it. But back to teh topic, u really should try doin it urself, get a service manual, it shows u what to do, really easy once u get rolling.. not hard at all, just take ur time when adjusting, me and my dad are buildin my motor now

trost66
02-07-2006, 09:37 PM
I broke my frame racing and they warrentyed it. My dealer treats me right though.

atvdude
02-08-2006, 12:45 AM
My dealer is going to be good to me also. I paid 400 dollars for my warranty(42 month extension). they said if i raced it and the crank whent out that they would warranty parts that are faulty as they should. its the normal wear parts that they will not replace.like clutch pads, brake pads, bearings , tires etc.

BigVince
02-16-2006, 12:51 PM
Back to the beginning of the thread..

someone doesn't know how to ride...

i weigh 260 lbs and i smoked a 150 lb rider on a 06 with a white brothers pipe...

My 04 TRX 450 with the HRC just kept pulling away from him... he was like.. what the freak you got in there.. i said.. only the HRC kit. That's it. We raced 6 or 7 times on dirt.. same result everytime.. except i kept getting farther and farther away from him.

atvdude
02-16-2006, 05:44 PM
Bottom line is yes the the new 06 450 IS FASTER and WAY BETTER with all changes made not just to the motor. put an hrc kit on both machines and again the 06 will be faster. Look at the dyno numbers givin out.

MAD450r
02-16-2006, 05:59 PM
that would be nice I bet the 04 with hrc and pipe will make more torque, but the 06 will make more horse.

Thats my opinion on this one.