PDA

View Full Version : 250ex dying

coolex
01-22-2006, 05:57 PM
i have a 250ex and i went on a long trail ride yesterday and this happened it 3 4 and 5 gear at randam times like about 4 0r 5 times i would just go along and it was like i was running out of gas then it would die the wene starting it it would be very rough and would not idle by itself and sometimes it would just slowly sputter of agian if i used the choke it would help some times then after about 4 mnutes it would be per fect agian then about 5 minutes later it would do it agian i have a jet kit t4 pipe and air filter and have had all of thes about 1-2 years with no problems i bought this machine new about 3-4 years ago and never had a problem it was also a little muddy and wet with some occasional big puddles but i have conquered much deeper things before with out a proble so why is it that my quad keeps dying srr for the long post.

BlasterEaten250
01-22-2006, 06:27 PM
was your airfilter wet?

coolex
01-23-2006, 08:58 AM
no i checked that right wen it happened

sixer3
01-24-2006, 12:27 AM
water culd have gotten up the breather and up into the gas tank, either way take ur bowl apart clean out your pilot jets and clean out the bowl, should be running nice after that also make sure your intake boot clamps are fully secured, could be lettin dirt into the carb/motor

Robsuephil
01-24-2006, 12:55 AM
Dump out your gas tank also, a little water can cause big problems

250exRIDER826
01-24-2006, 01:18 PM
i'm not sure what is wrong but that happened to my 250ex after i sank it and it stalled lol. i stood it up and water poured out of my exaust. then i did exactly what u described. i also have a jet kit and a pipe. my air filter was a little wet. it didnt start stalling untill about 30 minutes to an hour after i sank it then the next day it was fine.

i would just give it time u may have water in it somewhere and just try it again the next day.

also check your oil make sure it does not look like milk. u may have water in your engine.