PDA

View Full Version : Whats it worth ya think?

Pappy
01-22-2006, 05:36 PM
Well, ive had about all im going to be able to stand on riding fast quads:( Since i got sick this summer, my equalibrium is shot and there is not much sense having a quad like this just sit. So, I am considering letting her go and picking up something more my speed:ermm: something just to trail ride and chase the kids with.

Anyway, here she goes...

2004 450R
Saw 7 races in 04, none in 05

The only hours she has on here this year are really from just testing out the new suspension. Shocks have 3 or 4 hours on them along with everything really.

LSR LT XC Arms
LSR Outlaw Swing Arm
Full LT Axis front and Rear
Fully Gusseted Chassis
LSR Antifade
Billet Block Off
WER Dampner
Burgard Chrome +1 Antivibe Stem
New Hipers with Brand New ITP Holeshots
Flexxbars
All Stainless Brake Lines
New DID chain
UNI Filter
Spider Grips
Chromed Subframe and all small brackets/engine mounts
Everything on the quad is either powdercoated or chromed or molycoated
Rossier Exhaust
Duncan Bumper
PRM grab bar and full skid plates
Maier Fenders like new
ATV Riders.com Graphics
X Factor Pro Peg Nerfs

There may be more, if I think of it I will add it

Pappy
01-22-2006, 05:39 PM

Pappy
01-22-2006, 05:40 PM
action shot

coolex
01-22-2006, 05:41 PM
pappy if u dont ming me askin how old are you

Pappy
01-22-2006, 05:42 PM
i will be 36 years young this summer:D

01-22-2006, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by coolex
pappy if u dont ming me askin how old are you He was pretty close with Jesus, if that gives you any idea.

Rip_Tear
01-22-2006, 05:44 PM
Thats too nice to sell Pappy, you had better just let Cody take it over :p .I don't know how you can part with these ATV's, you so crazy!

Pappy
01-22-2006, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by MXFourTwoEight
He was pretty close with Jesus, if that gives you any idea.

still am;)

Pappy
01-22-2006, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Rip_Tear
Thats too nice to sell Pappy, you had better just let Cody take it over :p .I don't know how you can part with these ATV's, you so crazy!

when you build as many as i do it doesnt matter too much. i really liked this one tho, i wish i was able to ride it

Honda TRX250ex
01-22-2006, 05:46 PM
i know what you mean pappy. my dad stoped riding quads because hes getting to old and he has back problems. so he dont ride with my and my brother now :(. But one thing you have to promise! dont stop riding with your kids.

BTW thats a very nice 450r

01-22-2006, 05:48 PM
Around here you would get atleast 10 grand for it, maybe 12-15 if you find the right person.

Pappy
01-22-2006, 05:48 PM
oh i will keep riding for sure, but i cant go fast. hell i dont even hardly do the speed limit on the highway no more. im going to get fubar if i stay on something like this, and its not a quad you can just putt and poke on.

450r51
01-22-2006, 05:50 PM
pappy put down the crack pipe!!! how can u sell this bad boy.....im speechless.

hondardr4life
01-22-2006, 05:50 PM
Pappy, hondacrf15 on here is 48!, and he is riding a full blown Baldwin MX 450r. You're never to old. He still smokes us 15 year old kids he rides with.

Pappy
01-22-2006, 06:03 PM
trust me its not the age, its just i cant do anything anymore that requires ballance, quick reactions etc. ive given it what, 7 months and im still no better in that regard. hell they had to make a wide walk way thru the shop because i kept stumbling into everything.

maybe one day it all will be back to the way it was, but i have my doubts. even so, life has told me to back it down a notch or two and i gotta listen:p

Honda TRX250ex
01-22-2006, 06:05 PM
lol yeah i know what you mean pappy.
why not give it to cody?

Pappy
01-22-2006, 06:07 PM
cody is stilla few years away from being able to properly ride and handle this R. im about to start building him something that should be good for him until he is ready for this, but thats a few years away.

tp300ex
01-22-2006, 06:07 PM
i say part it out and get a hunting fourwheeler....

Pappy
01-22-2006, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by tp300ex
i say part it out and get a hunting fourwheeler....

i already have one, and i would keep it before i parted it.

Hondacrf15
01-22-2006, 06:37 PM
Pappy,

I would exhaust all possibilities health care wise prior to selling. I've had several doctors tell me The next crash would pazalize me. I went to the Ortho the STEELERS use. After he was done. he stated, "go have fun." Give it time. If you do need to ride slower and have to sell the R good luck. Hate to loose another "experienced rider". (Someone has to pass along the knowledge.)

Pappy
01-22-2006, 06:40 PM
the bad part is i really do not want to sell it. its hard walking past the thing 200 times a day and knowing the best i can do on it at this point is a few laps around the back 40. i reckon she deserves to have the snot run out of her, but it may be quite awhile before i can do it again:p

we will see, the right offer comes along everything is for sale:D if not then i will just have one kick *** back yard thrilla:devil:

wvspeedfreak
01-22-2006, 06:47 PM
What would you replace it with Kenny?If money allows we are thinking about a Rhino...........they are just kool:cool:

Pappy
01-22-2006, 06:51 PM
not sure, maybe just a stock yfz.

i want a rhino, probably sell off my street bike this spring and grab one. lord knows me and a street bike wont be cruising anymore either:mad:

wvspeedfreak
01-22-2006, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
not sure, maybe just a stock yfz.

i want a rhino, probably sell off my street bike this spring and grab one. lord knows me and a street bike wont be cruising anymore either:mad:

Well,I am sure you won't have any trouble selling the R.It is one of the sweetest I have seen.We need to get back up there to see you guys soon.Austin is wanting to ride your track again lol.

yamablaster24
01-22-2006, 06:57 PM
yamaha...:eek2:

honestly, your going to sell this, get a stock YFZ and do exactly what you did to this one. :ermm:

and BTW a guy at my work was hit by a car in 92, and it threw him in the air and ever since then his equilibrium has gave him problems. When were workin on a truck under the dash he gets real sick and in the bobcats he gets real dizzy. I couldnt even imagine on a quad. :scary:

Pappy
01-22-2006, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by wvspeedfreak
Well,I am sure you won't have any trouble selling the R.It is one of the sweetest I have seen.We need to get back up there to see you guys soon.Austin is wanting to ride your track again lol.

im in no rush or need to sell it, the thought just crossed my mind, figured id ask..lol

cody wanted to ride today and yesterday but the track was too muddy. im figuring february will bust us hard with bad weather (maybe i could be wrong:D ) but id like to see some practice between now and the race season.

im not really sure cody will even run nationals this year, his school work is mighty tuff and he is in all them hard classes so we may just run a full local series and a few close nationals for points(6 is all thst needed i think) anyway, you tell austin he isnt the only one wanting to ride!

Pappy
01-22-2006, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by yamablaster24

and BTW a guy at my work was hit by a car in 92, and it threw him in the air and ever since then his equilibrium has gave him problems. When were workin on a truck under the dash he gets real sick and in the bobcats he gets real dizzy. I couldnt even imagine on a quad. :scary:

yeah its pretty weird. i have good days and bad like any thing else. but walking around looking like your drunk is no fun unless your drunk:D i tried climbing a ladder today and had to come down before i ever made it to the top. i didnt have that trouble climbing my deer stands this fall so i dunno wtf is up.

o4250
01-22-2006, 07:04 PM
I think its worth a 05 z400 with a couple mods.;) Trade ya:p

f1502nv
01-22-2006, 07:05 PM
how much are you looking to get ????

Pappy
01-22-2006, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by f1502nv
how much are you looking to get ????

i have no idea, i havent been buying and selling quads this past year or so, therefore i have no idea what they are bringing.

f1502nv
01-22-2006, 07:37 PM
when you get an idea of what you might want lrt me know if your willing to ship it to cali or take it to glen helen if your going so i could take a peak

Honda TRX250ex
01-22-2006, 07:46 PM
yeah your probly doing the right thing pappy, i would get something slower so you dont hurt yourself in the future.
im almost 16 and i have back problems sliped disk nerve damge and my muscles on my left shoulder are messed up. the ortho doc told me that riding dont help and i should give it up. LOL. but he gave me a doctor to go to to get free back rubs :)

but man! those utity (sp? lol) quads are like riding a bed in the woods you dont feel nothing and the power is so much smoother than a sports quad

ZeroLogic
01-22-2006, 07:49 PM
Hey Pappy I will trade you my 300ex for the 450r and a penny!:blah: It's nice and slow. :)

Its worth a try.:macho

Pappy
01-22-2006, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Honda TRX250ex

but man! those utity (sp? lol) quads are like riding a bed in the woods you dont feel nothing and the power is so much smoother than a sports quad

ive riden alot of utilities, and none have the comfort of my R's suspension:p but i know what your saying.

and my health seems to be getting better and better. i have no signs of fatigue, no signs of anything from what made me sick etc.(except the ballance) sure, the typical aches and pains of getting old, but that can be overcome with soak in the hot tub. i have been doubting myself alot lately, and i reckon not being so stable on my feet doing everyday tasks is just making me worry.

i wont ever visit a neckcraker again, infact after they look at my back xrays they wont touch me:p

BlasterEaten250
01-22-2006, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Honda TRX250ex
but man! those utity (sp? lol) quads are like riding a bed in the woods you dont feel nothing and the power is so much smoother than a sports quad Yeah, i rode a sportsman one time and it was like riding on air!

BlasterEaten250
01-22-2006, 07:55 PM
i wont ever visit a neckcraker again, infact after they look at my back xrays they wont touch me:p lol... i have to go to a chiropracter (sp) every month, and i will tell you, it does work!

Mxjunkie
01-22-2006, 07:59 PM
Pappy you made me keep the banshee your *** better not get rid of that 450r we got to race still at Rausch, I'll teach you how ride it again if I gotta lol

Look at it this way, your never going to get what you put into it because like all toys you loose a little and to be honest do you want to sell a nice quad your pretty much done modding for a stocker or a semi stocker? kinda catch my drift..

My boss is 49 years old and he has been racing every weekend for 27 years his knee is gone pretty much and he rides a roll design/houser/axis b+b 330r and he gives her hell man, gets first all the time and he even was nice enough to teach me how to race when I was younger hes my hero haha.. There is faith haha

My dads 54 and he gets on the banshee and almost hands my arse to me still! He has a bad back and thats why he cant ride anymore but he still trys haha

Pappy
01-22-2006, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by BlasterEaten250
lol... i have to go to a chiropracter (sp) every month, and i will tell you, it does work!

it indeed may, but after my expierence i will never allow them to touch me again.

i was made go to one on advice from the hospital. i went, sat there while they took xrays and then was asked to get on teh table. no prob, except i really aint the type to allow another man to touch me, much less pull and turn my head and neck:p

anyway, he does his deal and this chick walks in with the xrays. he takes a look and then states" after looking at your xrays i feel you should not visit a chriropractor. :huh ok...you just snapped every joint i have and NOW you say you shouldnt have:confused: my regular doctor said my disc problems are not going to be cured by a necksnapper, only surgery when it gets bad enough. btw, my regular doc was on vacation when my back went out the first time so i followed the advice of the hospital doc who obviously knew jack spit about anything either:D

trx400exxracer
01-22-2006, 08:07 PM
well pappy I reckon I will guestimate what it is worth since nobody else will lmao in the last 3 pages haha

I would pay $7500 since it is a 04

nice nice bike

what were you thinking

Pappy
01-22-2006, 08:09 PM
literally i have given it zero thought. i walked past it tonight and thought i might sell it. i have no need to sell it, it can sit or be used for more product testing and it wont matter, i reckon sitting there its just a reminder of what i had wanted to do with it and cant...for now anyway.

ZeroLogic
01-22-2006, 08:12 PM
Ride til you can't ride no more! And then some!:macho

I would say you keep it and just take it out for the weekly spin and then give it to Cody when he is ready to ride it.

Mxjunkie
01-22-2006, 08:13 PM
Your having what I had, you havent been riding so your kinda like ehh whats the need for it. I rode all day today and it was the first time in a long time and I'll tell you what it deff made me change my mind in a heart beat

Pappy
01-22-2006, 08:16 PM
i ride a quad everyday, wether its my R, one of my Ute's or customers quads. i dont race but i do ride. i actually was thinking hard about running the XC race at Budds a week or so ago, i am feeling that good:D but then the next day i walk around like i had one too many the night before. maybe it will get better, i sure hope so, i have plans for really screwing with younger women as i turn into an old man they cant get mad at:devil:

JOEX
01-22-2006, 08:17 PM
trust me its not the age, its just i cant do anything anymore that requires ballance....
Don't race with the pros!:devil: :p

ZeroLogic
01-22-2006, 08:18 PM
I have an idea Pappy. Go race this comming up weekend with your R and then see how you like it. If you don't like it keep the R if you do like it keep the R anyway.;)

xx3003xrdrxx
01-22-2006, 08:54 PM
The way I would look at it is , your going to want to ride occasionally on your good days . You can go out and ride the piss outta that occasionally , and in a few years you can pass it on to your son Cody . You will be building him a bike just like that in a couple years , why not do yourself a favor / save a few bills and just maintain that one untill your boy is ready for it.

Hope you feel good Pappy :)

-chris

sly400ex
01-22-2006, 09:00 PM
Pappy, do what you feel is right. We all know if you get the itch to have a fast quad again, you will go out and pick one up and make it as nice, if not even more so than this one!:devil:

Good luck!

Pappy
01-22-2006, 09:01 PM
eh...i have a tendency to do that dont i:p

cb450r
01-22-2006, 09:14 PM
ive riden alot of utilities, and none have the comfort of my R's suspension:p but i know what your saying.

and my health seems to be getting better and better. i have no signs of fatigue, no signs of anything from what made me sick etc.(except the ballance) sure, the typical aches and pains of getting old, but that can be overcome with soak in the hot tub. i have been doubting myself alot lately, and i reckon not being so stable on my feet doing everyday tasks is just making me worry.

i wont ever visit a neckcraker again, infact after they look at my back xrays they wont touch me:p

FFS Pappy i am 31 i have seen my fair share of back crackers :ermm: you are making me feel old lol.. I plan to start racing in the IATVHSS this year and i hope to still be active in my golden years :O

I know you have had some health issues, You have to do what you feel is best in your heart! I know my Dad is 52 this month and he is still rocking a YFZ 460 :eek2:
So age is not really the issue.. Like i said though if your health is the biggest problem then let her go..... Get yourself something that you will still enjoy...

She is a beauty though.. Someone will be happy!

QuadRacer041
01-23-2006, 02:33 PM
that sux that you might sell it.
but.....if you part it out it will be gone in a minute.
let me know if you go that route, ill take a bunch of stuff off your hands.

Pappy
01-23-2006, 02:49 PM
well cody said i cant sell it, then we wont have matching quads:D

bens250ex
01-23-2006, 02:51 PM
i love that quad its beautiful lol. you said you want somethin to just get around or keep up with the kids how about a nice 250ex :D ill trade it for your r .

Rip_Tear
01-23-2006, 03:06 PM
I think I got this figured out Pappy, on the days that you feel good and can ride, I'm going to suggest that you get drunk and learn to ride like that. Then when you don't feel so good it won't be any different :devil: :blah:

I also like how you said you are wanting a "slower" ATV that you can "putt" on then you said about a YFZ quad, they are slow, but I didn't know that they were that slow!

Quad18star
01-23-2006, 07:28 PM
It's worth a 26er of Canadian Club whiskey and a 6 pack of Molson Triple X .

After you drink all that , I load the ATV in the back of a truck and high tail it to the border . The following week , I try and explain to you how you blew all the money I gave you for the quad on strippers at the jiggly room . :p

I say sell it if you're not using it . You know how it works ... the longer it sits , the more it loses its value . Just like my YFZ ..... even though it's practically brand new , I'm still gunna lose atleast $3000 from what it's worth. Later down the line , you know there's going to be new and improved technology ... maybe if you feel better in a year or two from now , you can pick up something else . I'm selling my YFZ and planning on getting a 4x4 ( grizzly) ....maybe in a year or two or five when I feel better , I'll buy another sport bike .

Quad Boy 660r
01-23-2006, 07:43 PM
First off, I know quite a few "old Guys" that can rip!

Second, what does your son ride/race?
I say ride it whenever you want, and then give it to him. It'll save $$$.

Would you want to trade for a '03 Yamaha Raptor?

Seriously, keep the R, but the offer is on the table.

fastrider450r
01-23-2006, 07:49 PM
pappy, i believe that you should keep it and just ride it on the "good days"...my dad used to have that stuff with the equilibrium(sp) and now hes fine...it only lasted for like a year and a half. so i think you should keep that beauty and have fun with it

trx400exxracer
01-23-2006, 07:54 PM
I would actually sell the 450r

by the time Cody will get it he will probably want a newer quad and at that age he will want to customize it to how he likes it, teenagers like to have things the way there style is like he may want a diff color scheme and such

I am just saying they might have newer and improved stuff by then that he may want

and people say saving money what is it going to be worth in a couple of years after Cody rides it alot and it being a older quad in a couple of years people may not want it I think you could get a better deal on it now

I say you could get $8,000 give or take