PDA

View Full Version : What to do

01-22-2006, 05:35 PM
I have a small oil leak between the clutch cover and the right side case. It is right in front of the water pump. I'm not sure what to do. I was having the same problem before and I replaced the clutch cover and gasket with a new one. I'm not sure what to do because I don't know how and why it is leaking. Any suggestions?

TheFontMaster
01-22-2006, 06:42 PM
Get a new gasket for the clutch cover, you might have installed it a little off. Make shure that it is on how it is suposed to be. Thats the only thing I can think of.

Dave83
01-22-2006, 10:01 PM
I would try some of the Three-Bond or Hondabond,etc. on the right case.If you have a new cover and gasket,the case half may have a small low spot on it.The sealer will help fill any voids.

Rich250RRacer
01-22-2006, 10:11 PM
Look for a hair-line crack in that area, I've run into a few cracked there.

01-23-2006, 08:49 AM
Well I'm on my second cover and third gasket trying to get it sealed up. It makes me think that my right side case is bad now. I do have a hairline crack that I tried to jb weld on for a quick fix. This might not be a good idea but it will have to do for now. I don't have the funds to replace the case not to mention gettting the case machined to match the other side for my 330 jug.

dober250R
01-23-2006, 10:47 AM
make sure you're installing the clutch cover bolts evenly around the whole thing. Don't tighten down one bolt all the way down, then move to the next. Try to do a criss cross pattern around the whole cover. To make sure the cover is evenly pressed down against the case.

01-23-2006, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by dober250R
make sure you're installing the clutch cover bolts evenly around the whole thing. Don't tighten down one bolt all the way down, then move to the next. Try to do a criss cross pattern around the whole cover. To make sure the cover is evenly pressed down against the case.

I did that

Has anyone ever added gasket sealer to both side of the gasket before. I thought of trying this. I don't see how it could hurt as long as you don't use too much and let any get into the case.

slick250
01-23-2006, 06:43 PM
I had a leak once in that area. Turned out to be a blown gasket under the cylinder. By the time I found it, it had leaned out enough to seize the piston.....

rider250ex
01-23-2006, 07:39 PM
you might wanna check your counterbalancer, bearing, and bearing holder. my holder cracked and my counterbalance cracked my case. i got it welded and didnt fix the counterbalance holder(didnt knwo it was broken) and it ended up taking out a peice of my case. es no bueno.