PDA

View Full Version : Handling the fatigue

korniev
01-22-2006, 06:42 AM
I am pretty new to the sport (drive since I am 12 (now 22)) but only 2 years seriously) and I wanted to get some tips on how to not get tired that fast when you race. I know you must be physically prepared but I am sure there is much more tips you can use to lose less power while racing.

Dupontster
01-22-2006, 06:52 AM
Stay loose. Dont stay tense all the time. Kinda let the bike take the beatin.

TWISTED
01-22-2006, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by Dupontster
Stay loose. Dont stay tense all the time. Kinda let the bike take the beatin.

You definately know about that don't ya????? Hurry up and get here!!!!

jrd426
01-24-2006, 07:42 AM
breath.the more air you get in your lungs,the longer your muscles will last!!!!

400grl
01-24-2006, 09:47 AM
Seat time....seat time.......seat time.......

300exOH
01-24-2006, 09:56 AM
Your diet can affect your stamina too. Stay away from sugar foods and eat healthier foods with protein. The sugar will burn off fast and leave you tired. Also drink plenty of water for several days prior to a race.

ST87
01-24-2006, 04:07 PM
do control postions affect this i try moving my controls around some but cant really tell if this helps much. how do yall set yalls controls.

wolffie
01-24-2006, 07:13 PM
alot of guys are running those FLEXX bars! those seem to help the fatigue because they have some "give" to them! i guess get your quad set up so you are comfortable: handle bar position,seat comfort, adjusting your suspension. i dont race in a league or anything, but my friends and i built a track and we hit that up pretty hard.

reconmaster
01-24-2006, 07:26 PM
ride lots for practice work out before the race eat healthy on race day and a couple days before drink water, gatorade, or powerade after the race
drink only ONE!!!!! energy drink on race day or split it with a buddy (worked for once) stay loose just focus on the race get good grips trust me wornn ones will make you think your fingers are about to break

400grl
01-25-2006, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by ST87
do control postions affect this i try moving my controls around some but cant really tell if this helps much. how do yall set yalls controls.

YES! Lever position is important. Do you ride standing up more or sitting down? You want your levers to be down more if you stand alot.....up a bit if you sit more.....I also have to find my "sweet spot" for my thumb throttle.......I run mine a little lower than most, so I don't have to reach for it as much - keeps my thumb from getting so tired.......

ST87
01-25-2006, 02:56 PM
i thinki have my levers down but apparently i havent found my "sweet spot" for my throttle yet. half and half on standin or sitting

400grl
01-25-2006, 03:08 PM
I run my throttle pretty low on the bars.....it's just easier for me to straight-thumb it for a long time rather than have it stretched out at an angle....if that makes sense! :) Try loosening your throttle housing just enough so you can move it if you try hard....next time you go riding - mess with different locations on the throttle.......move it......ride for a bit.....see how it feels....if it is tiring, move it a little more.....ride with it like that - see how it feels. Then when you find where you like it, just tighten it up and try to remember where you have it in case you ever have to move it again. I changed bars and it took me forever to get the right spot again! :)