PDA

View Full Version : Rode both the YFZ and the R

YardDog24
01-22-2006, 12:19 AM
And I ended up with the TRX. Why. Cause Im a Honda guy. (CBR600F2, 929, 400ex, RC51, CRF250X, owned em all) but I think I let it get the best of me. The Yami handled better. The Honda felt stronger low and mid but the Yami pulled better high. Ill probably ride 60/40 dunes to woods.

I think I choked.

Oh well.

nowukno
01-22-2006, 12:22 AM
I rode both too before i bought mine and i got the honda cause i wanted kick start , i felt more comfortable on the R and i didn't like the stiff throttle on the YFZ. I have never regreted my decision and i love my quad. :D

YardDog24
01-22-2006, 12:30 AM
Ive got the 06. Estart. I love Honda. All I have ever owned. But all the guys at my shop (auto repair) have yami and swear by them.

I dunno.
Maybe just buyers remorse.

nowukno
01-22-2006, 12:58 AM
Yeah , usually what ever someone has is the best out there. Either way i think both quads are awesome and you couldn't go wrong with either one.

Punk'd
01-22-2006, 01:06 AM
Pipe that thing and then tell us you regret it (take the airbox lid OFF and rejet)

Pipeing it makes it a WHOLE diffrent bike.. Ask anyone;)

Or get a Cam bro.

BUT from what im hearing.. the 06 450r beats a yfz in a race. So you mite just "Feel" like your going faster, but the Honda shifts and rides SMOOTH as butter.

reconmaster
01-22-2006, 07:45 AM
i have ridden 3 yfzs(not stock motors 1 with suspension) 2 450rs(both cammed, one with aftermarket suspension) and i love the 450rs way better more overall power, more comfortable and stock suspended 450r was no wheres as tipy as the stock yfz suspensions like i am more of a person that has equal amounts of power thats what the hondas seem to deliver the yfzs i found didn't reach its full potential till 3/4th gear thats my 2 cents

YardDog24
01-22-2006, 09:51 AM
Ah yes, I can feel the love. :D

I know in the end its the right choice. Im just a Honda guy. And i can actually see where that precise steering could relate to tippy.

Ive got the HRC kit and Ill have that in before break in starts.
And as for the dune riding its not really apples to apples. One of the YFZ's just got an Athena 480 kit installed (because his 04 YFZ dropped the snap ring on the wrist pin and grenaded the motor)
The other is a 700 Raptor that is getting turbo, one modded Shee and a 660 Raptor that is punched to 680 and has dual exhaust.

So I reckon when they out drag me and throw it in my face I can smile and say how much did you spend again? :devil: