PDA

View Full Version : Just watched Carpe Diem 2......

nowukno
01-21-2006, 11:35 PM
I loved it! Probably the best quad dvd i have seen. Great footage and awesome soundtrack. Just wondering if anyone else has seen it and if so what did you think?

Nick110
01-22-2006, 07:27 AM
i thought it was the best out of the 3.(h8, fallout, carpe diem)

it was funny when they tiped the porty potty over on Skyler and they blew one up with him in it.:D

JLanphear
01-22-2006, 09:31 AM
I thought it was really good also.

clutt225
01-22-2006, 09:38 AM
you would! lol

Premis
01-23-2006, 04:19 PM
I thought it was good too! :D

Glad you guys liked it! Carpe Diem 3 is coming along well. Look for it November 1st, 2006.

Quad Boy 660r
01-23-2006, 07:16 PM
Well, I have the first Carp Diem on order, but I was offered Carpe Diem 2 instead. I declined just becuase the 2nd one looked like it was just freestyle and dunes riding. That doesnt interest me. Did I make a bad choice?

Dan_Guetter
01-23-2006, 07:20 PM
research the internet noobert

JLanphear
01-23-2006, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Quad Boy 660r
Well, I have the first Carp Diem on order, but I was offered Carpe Diem 2 instead. I declined just becuase the 2nd one looked like it was just freestyle and dunes riding. That doesnt interest me. Did I make a bad choice?

couldn't be further from the truth. people looking for freestyle and dune riding would want to stay away from both carpe diem videos.

carpe diem 2 is 90% MX footage.

Ps. Dan, "noobert" will forever be in my mind....haha.

EvilJester400EX
01-23-2006, 09:09 PM
I loved the footage in Carpe Diem 2. The only "problem" was just the editting, but who cares. The video shows the "real" side to riding, if you ask me. Now if I could just get my hands on The Fallout... Dan, wanna hook a brotha up? :cool:

QuadJunkies
01-23-2006, 11:47 PM
I simply LOVED this vid !!!!!!! :cool:

nowukno
01-23-2006, 11:49 PM
I have watched it two more times since i started this thread. Great stuff! I have never seen the first carpe diem , is it any good?

JLanphear
01-24-2006, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by nowukno
I have watched it two more times since i started this thread. Great stuff! I have never seen the first carpe diem , is it any good?

I have heard that Carpe Diem 2 is much better than the first, but those who enjoy straight MX footage would have to love the first one too right?

QuadJunkies
01-24-2006, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by JLanphear
I have heard that Carpe Diem 2 is much better than the first, but those who enjoy straight MX footage would have to love the first one too right?

no disrespect but #2 was MUCH better than the 1st one was.

the 1st one was repeat jump after jump and jump... And repeat of the same jump. I think they done a fine job on the last one and can only hope the 3rd one is even BETTER!!

sigh...I still wish everyone would put a little more ladies racing and minis,not just ONE featured rider.:ermm:

JLanphear
01-24-2006, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies

the 1st one was repeat jump after jump and jump... And repeat of the same jump. I think they done a fine job on the last one and can only hope the 3rd one is even BETTER!!

sigh...I still wish everyone would put a little more ladies racing and minis,not just ONE featured rider.:ermm:

I'm all for some footage of the girls riding.

As for the minis...I'd like to see some footage of an actual race too.

FourFiftyFour
01-24-2006, 12:30 PM

yes like the amateur ladies such as ourselves and the other women who race in the B class. I know Angela Butler and Heather Byrd are great riders, but they are pretty much the only women you ever see in the videos. It would be great to see more of us out there in a video. HEY...some company should make a video of only us ladies riding on the tracks and stuff.... all the guys would buy it anyway ;) :D might be a good idea........:p

JLanphear
01-24-2006, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by CDaleChick
HEY...some company should make a video of only us ladies riding on the tracks and stuff.... all the guys would buy it anyway ;) :D might be a good idea........:p

Depends on what the "and stuff" is....heheeh :devil:

QuadJunkies
01-24-2006, 01:03 PM
Depends on what the "and stuff" is....heheeh :devil: :p :devil:

The kids are our future and need to be in ALL the videos as well and lets see more of them!!

I bought five videos and I think I saw maybe tow females one doesnt count cause she was only on the video for maybe 5 seconds :ermm:

FourFiftyFour
01-24-2006, 01:04 PM
Depends on what the "and stuff" is....heheeh :devil:

haha how did i know you were going to reply to my post? :scary:

Premis
01-24-2006, 01:49 PM
We had Michelle Reiser in Carpe Diem 1.

We are not against putting ladies in our films, there just aren't as many women that "qualify" compared to men. At least 90% of racers/riders are male, that is why most of the videos are male dominated. Supply and Demand.

We have plans to add some more females in 3, riding and "other stuff.":D We also are planning on filming with Joel Hetrick, he is by far THE BEST youth rider out there.

FourFiftyFour
01-24-2006, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Premis

We are not against putting ladies in our films, there just aren't as many women that "qualify" compared to men. At least 90% of racers/riders are male, that is why most of the videos are male dominated. Supply and Demand.

We have plans to add some more females in 3, riding and "other stuff.":D We also are planning on filming with Joel Hetrick, he is by far THE BEST youth rider out there.

Brad, you all should come down here and ride and hang out again! and this time do not break your collarbone :)

Premis
01-24-2006, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by CDaleChick
Brad, you all should come down here and ride and hang out again! and this time do not break your collarbone :)

I had plans to come down to Splendora with John but then they went and cancelled the indoors:mad: That kinda changed my plans.

I may not be that far south this year but I will be at round 2 and then at Cody and Hunter Miller's place after the race.

DVXchic
01-24-2006, 06:21 PM

I totally agree with that, Us chics can hang with the best of them too.
I enjoyed the video but didnt really care for the 10 mins of the guys jumping off the cliffs and partying on the boat. Quad footage was awesome though.

MXRACER86
01-24-2006, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by DVXchic
I totally agree with that, Us chics can hang with the best of them too.
I enjoyed the video but didnt really care for the 10 mins of the guys jumping off the cliffs and partying on the boat. Quad footage was awesome though.

your right, that is the only part I have to skip! Otherwise it is awesome!!

01-24-2006, 07:06 PM
splendora isa purdee sweet track

FourFiftyFour
01-24-2006, 07:16 PM
I had plans to come down to Splendora with John but then they went and cancelled the indoors:mad: That kinda changed my plans.

I may not be that far south this year but I will be at round 2 and then at Cody and Hunter Miller's place after the race.

I will see you at the Oak Hill race then :) I was so mad when they cancelled the Pro Quad indoors. But Ill make sure to hang out some at round 2!

Originally posted by walshracer21
splendora isa purdee sweet track

YES it is! :D

QuadJunkies
01-25-2006, 12:03 AM

. Well of course thre isnt as many , its still a majority of a mens sport. but I think we all can see that is changing a bit but will always be dominated by the Men

there IS and I can think of a few GOOD WOMEN!they arent all on the East Coast either .

Same for the Wee ones.

Your last vid was great.. Keep up the good work ;)