View Full Version : Need New Nerfs

kc 300EX
07-09-2002, 02:09 PM
Well, I made the mistake of buying DG steel series nerfs for my quad, only one word for them, JUNK! I hate them, they are just plain horrible, right now almost all the tabs are busted off, one side of netting I had to replace, yeah, boldted on strips of tie down straps, good idea eh? B-l-u-p-p
Anyways, they need to be replaced by some real nerf bars, but I dont know what to get? I think I am either going to go with AC or DG Alloy, but I dont know wich to get? They are within 20 dollars of each other, so Im not worried about price too much
I like that the DG goes behind your foot a little so you have something else to rest on, and I like that you can take them on and off very easily with just 4 bolts, but they are still DG, so I am scared they are Junk just like the steel ones.
I just want to get everyones opinions on new nerfs, if this has been talked about a gillion times tell me another post to go read, I looked in the FAQ forum and there wasnt anything on this, So thanx for any comments and/or suggestions

400exRacerX
07-09-2002, 02:14 PM
AC nerfs all the way.

07-09-2002, 02:38 PM
ac or graydon all the way

Wired
07-09-2002, 03:30 PM
i just bought some AC Pro Pegs today for damn cheap so they better do the trick! :macho

250xman
07-09-2002, 05:11 PM
white Bors. has just come out with some nerfs and they look like AC propegs but cheaper. check them out.

Ex_Rider43
07-09-2002, 07:25 PM
AC or graydon because DG sucks.they bend very easy. and they look like racks because they are square shaped.

roostin_dale
07-09-2002, 07:43 PM
Ac....the DG nets tear too much!

bigbadbrad
07-09-2002, 08:00 PM
i have dg alloy series nerfs and they hold up pretty darn good i have tried to stop on ice once and got side ways and bumped in to the conor of a shed and dented the sheds wall but not the nerfs. the nets are very strong i can stand on them and the sport me i reely like how they go back behind the foot some save my feet a few times. i have had sticks get caught in the net and go through woods and it did not hurt the nets at all. i am begining to think that all of the peopple that say dg is junk and dg sucks and dg is crap have never even got an dg products or the got cheap steel ones. the steel ones are not high quallity if you go dg go alloy. if you like the idea of having some behind the foot go dg if you want to be able to remove the easily go dg.but it is more like 6 bots cuase it is just easier to take of the rear mount that mounts to the foot peg mounts. and mike sure you spray wd-40 in to the nerf tube and on the nerf conectors because the nerfs are aluminum and the mounts are steel and they will rust some. hope i helped you and other people that are considering dg nerfs. ilike them and i think it was a good investment sorry about it being so long i guess iwill stopp now:D

DiceMan400
07-09-2002, 08:12 PM
I got dg alloy...... No problems at all....... They are strong...... Nets are as good as the day I got them....... I am with bigbadbrad on this one........ DGs saved my legs a hundred times over........ And they look the same as when I bought them well over a year ago........

Punk13rym
07-09-2002, 08:54 PM
my friend has the DG steel series and they are junk. they are really bent. however the alloy series is probally a lot better then the steel. what ever you do don't get the DG steel series. next week im taking a trip up to NACS and buy AC nerfs i was going to get them today but they didn't have any in stock.

07-09-2002, 09:38 PM
I have friends that used to run DG steel nerfs, they are junk! they have replace them with AC mostly and some Graydon.
I have had a set of alloy DG and they are better than the steel ones but the mounts are still junk! the ones I had were totally busted and had to be replaced by custom made ones to hold up without bending.
I have also had a set of std AC racing nerfs and they are better than any I have seen, Graydon is second.
If I were buying new it would definetly be AC pro pegs!

07-09-2002, 10:22 PM
man i hate DG ive gotten to the point where i seriously beleive DG stands 4 DOLLOR GENERAL! But the alloy nerfs r the best thing they make by far! my buddy has some & they r pretty strong! but still go wit the ac or graydon definetly!

froggieboi
07-09-2002, 11:21 PM
I have the DG Alloy series on mine and I really like them. I like how the AC has the metal kickup on the back though. In my opinion the DG Alloy series will be just fine for you. My nets aren't ripping, the bars aren't bending, and the connectors have just a small bit of rust. By the time they rust through to be a problem I'll be too old to ride anyway. If you have money to blow go with the AC pro peg. If you want to save some cash go with the DG Alloys.

07-12-2002, 09:08 AM
would some one mind please to make a list of nerfs that will go on a 250 ex

Nausty
07-13-2002, 01:10 AM
i like my ac racing pro pegs and highly recomend them although they sure are hard to get on.

Tlongs400
07-13-2002, 06:55 AM
AC AC AC AC AC AC AC AC AC AC AC AC AC AC AC AC AC NOT DG DG DG DG DG DG DG DG DG DG DG DG DG DG DG-- :D----I WAS BORED :blah

YamaWarr0121
07-13-2002, 08:20 PM
ive got white bro;'s there identical to AC just cheaper and say white brothers on the side i think they make pro pegs for a 400ex too, not sure

250exen
07-13-2002, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by mooseX26
would some one mind please to make a list of nerfs that will go on a 250 ex
go to http://www.moto-man.com/cgi-bin/mtm/search?pswzz3Ix;;41
there are all kinda of nerf bars there and they seem pretty cheap for good ones

Sick0
07-14-2002, 06:27 PM
I have the DG nerf bars. They are junk. If I showed you my nerf bars you wouldn't buy them. They kept bending down and are all screwed up. I was picking quad up from the nurf bar and the nurf bar completely broke where the frontbar connects to the back bar. You will be disappionted with the nerf bars. Get the AC nerfbars there made much better. It bought DG skidplates also, and the belly pan wounldn't even fit with out grinding the mounts so it would fit.