PDA

View Full Version : Boost Bottle Theory

enquadrider16
01-21-2006, 09:26 PM
How does a boost bottle in a banshee increase torque, or what is the theory on that?

also has anyone has their fmf fatty pipes leak from the Joining hose (idk what its called im having a brain fart, but its inbetween the pipe and the silencer)?

Mxjunkie
01-21-2006, 10:04 PM
mine leak too and the boost bottle..

When your riding and your on the trottle when you let off the gas all the air and gas goes into the bottle so when you get back on the gas its a boost of extra gas and air to the motor.. 1980s technogly.

enquadrider16
01-21-2006, 10:26 PM
oh that makes sense, so instead of it having to overload the cylinders when your trying to slow down, it just keeps it like in a resevior untill u need it instead of having to take it back from the air filter right?

Do u have a pic of your setup, im kinda having a hard time trying to find a good place for the fuel line. thanks

Mxjunkie
01-21-2006, 11:54 PM
this is my quad before I built it so please dont mind the piece of ****ness haha

Mxjunkie
01-21-2006, 11:55 PM
you can kinda see how they all go

enquadrider16
01-22-2006, 01:09 AM
did u have a hard time putting your gas line back on when u reassembled your quad? i had a hell of a time, also doesn't the gas line vibrate alot b/c its basically touching a part of the engine?

Mxjunkie
01-22-2006, 10:09 AM
Mine was a pain in the *** only because it was cold and the line didnt want to flex over the fittings. I have my t.o.r.s off now so my gas line is up higher away from the motor so I dont think mine vibrates.

enquadrider16
01-22-2006, 12:23 PM
whats t.o.r.s? if that can help it get distance from the motor how do i do it?

Mxjunkie
01-22-2006, 01:17 PM
its the big hunk of crap on top of your carb, vitos has a kit that you can get it replaces it with normal carb tops and some other misc stuff

its called t.o.r.s throttle over ride system, its sorta like a coverner or a throttle limter, it senses if the throttle is wide open and if it is its suppose to cut off or something, they never work and it makes changing the clip positon on the needle a pain in the ***!

enquadrider16
01-22-2006, 02:09 PM
think u can give me a link i cant find it on their site?

QuadRacer18
01-22-2006, 06:29 PM
Ill have to look, but ive seen dyno charts of engines first without boost bottles, then with them. And in almost every case, adding a boost bottle actually lost 1-2 horsepower. Boost bottles honestly dont do crap:ermm:

njbanshee
01-25-2006, 03:49 PM
buy boss racing intakes and remove the boost bottle. You get more top end.

enquadrider16
01-25-2006, 09:18 PM
thats the thing, i have a habit of running low rpm's. im workin on quittin it, but i want more low end and a huge top end.

njbanshee
01-26-2006, 12:27 PM
Doing that stuff really isn't gonna change how loud it is. Get rid of the boost bottle and do the intakes. You will get better performance with an after market intake. You can buy the prodesign intake and keep the boost bottle if you want.

And about the exhaust pipe leaking, its time to upgrade to a better clamp. Stock parts on banshee's are ****, but the aftermarket stuff really wakes them up.

As for the carbs, i would spend your money on a good set of aftermarket carbs. Don't bother with the tors kit. If you buy cheap stuff for you banshee your not gonna be happy and you will end up buying it later and waisting more money.

Toadz400
01-31-2006, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by QuadRacer18
Ill have to look, but ive seen dyno charts of engines first without boost bottles, then with them. And in almost every case, adding a boost bottle actually lost 1-2 horsepower. Boost bottles honestly dont do crap:ermm:

I threw my boost bottle away after awhile, it was causing jetting problems and it didn't do jack sqaut for throttle response or low-end torque. I would invest your $30 someplace else, or however much they cost nowadays.