PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Please!!!

400exrules
01-21-2006, 09:09 PM
I got a DID chain, and i cant get my masterlink connected. when i try to put the clip on, i cant get it squeezed down far enough to get the clip into the little grooves so it will snap into place. do i need to just use some c-clamps or somethin to applly alot of pressure to squash the o-rings or what? ive tried several pliers and wrenches, and nothing will make it budge a bit.

whats the trick to these stupid masterlinks?

rmz250
01-21-2006, 09:14 PM
First of get some vice grips on it. It takes some work but it'll budge. To ge the clip on first put the clip on and then take a needle nose plier and pry it up.

400exrules
01-21-2006, 09:20 PM
im afraid ill break somethin, cuz even with the masterlink off the chain, i cant get the plate that goes on the other side to go over the little grooves that the clip goes in, im hopin it will just snap over that spot, but ive applied alot of force and it wont get over the grooves so the clip can go on.

Crazy Diamond
01-21-2006, 09:33 PM
Get a chain vise tool. 15 bucks from RM ATV. Makes life alot easier.

400exrules
01-21-2006, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Crazy Diamond
Get a chain vise tool. 15 bucks from RM ATV. Makes life alot easier.

one of these?

http://www.rockymountainatv.com/productDetail.do?prodFamilyId=3002&navTitle=Drive&webCatId=9&pageLinkUri=&vehicleType=&webTypeId=35&navType=type

i just want to know if anyone else has dealt with masterlinks doing this, and if it will snap into place with enough force, or will it go over the grooves, or what...i dont want to apply too much force unless thats how your supposed to do it.

DAVE14
01-22-2006, 09:07 AM
put it on& grab a flat screw driver & small hammer ,make sure the link is inside the groove & tap screw driver on the back of the link & it should snap on pretty easy keep an eye on it so it doesnt go flying when you hit it & dont bend it up