PDA

View Full Version : Beadlocks???

07-09-2002, 01:16 PM
I was thinking about buying a pair of rear bead locks for my 99 400 ex. My question is, who makes good beadlock rims? If you have any suggestions please reply. Thanks.

400exRacerX
07-09-2002, 01:25 PM
Champion beadlocks.

Tommy 17
07-09-2002, 01:27 PM
i have champion beadlocks also and i like them alot...

Wired
07-09-2002, 02:07 PM
i heard champion beadlocks are the best rims to get for the price? what did you guys pay for yours? im probably going to get a pair this winter for the rear and run 9inch holeshots on them then keep the rims and tires i got now for backups.

400exRacerX
07-09-2002, 02:11 PM
$147.50 a rim from Nac's.

papaw
07-09-2002, 02:25 PM
you might as well spend the xtra 50 bucks for carbon fibers if you trail ride at all and never have to buy a new rim again.......

Tommy 17
07-09-2002, 02:42 PM
134$ a rim at james lucky with any color ring u want...

u will never buy another rim after u buy champ beadlocks...

it was 385$ to my door with 18x11x8 turfs mounted and shipped...

Ex'r Marlin
07-09-2002, 02:53 PM
That's cool that you are thinking about beadlocks. Not only do they allow the tires to stay on the rims if the tire is flat, but they also add some strength to the diameter of the rim!:cool:

I have yet to know of a "bad" beadlock rim... I think all that are out there are very good. I guess it would help us if you can say what kind of riding you will be doing (jumping, XC races, MX races, etc.)

Even though I like my HiPer carbon fiber rims... I still like the look of the aluminum over the black color.

Couple of great things though about the HiPer rims are that you can get a "double" beadlock in the rear which not only helps the strength of the diameter of the rim, it also makes changing tires very easy!:) Plus these rims are what they call "modular". If for some reason a part of the rim needs replacing, you can replace it.:cool: Plus these rims come with a 1 year warranty. (I am not aware of anyone else offering a warranty). The negative is that they are costly!:(

Douglas makes different models of beadlock rims. I went with the Ultimate Billet Beadlock... Which I think look the best of all the rims out there, but I do have a couple of "flat" spots on the inside of the rims (Side facing your swingarm). I will admit that I have had the rims for over 3 years now and they had some abuse:rolleyes: from my big butt, but hindsight, I wish I had some reinforcement rings on the inside of them.

I hear that everyone with the Champion Beadlocks are really happy with them.... And for the price, I think they may be the wise choice.

Good luck!!

07-09-2002, 02:54 PM
If you damage champion beadlocks your either running in a Pro class with massive 80 foot leaps week after week year in year out...or ya need ta put tires on them before you go riding..:eek:

400exRacerX
07-09-2002, 02:59 PM
True that

Wired
07-09-2002, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Rico
If you damage champion beadlocks your either running in a Pro class with massive 80 foot leaps week after week year in year out...

hmm maybe i'll get the HiPeR carbon fiber then instead just to be on the safe side :D

papaw
07-09-2002, 04:28 PM
wired u will very impressed with these rims i have tore one up but they replaced the broken part no questions asked.they just want the broken part back for r&d.you cannot get that that service from anywhere else.