PDA

View Full Version : Help from the Older Guys...

ShiftFMX
01-21-2006, 07:13 PM
Well, This year, I'll be turning 18, and some major decisions will have to be made. My First decision will be the housing situation. I would like to live at home till I get my truck paid off, which will probably the end of this year. Then I'd like to move out. Here's My view on:

Apartments...You pay, pay, pay, to have nothing to show for in the end and have nothing to sell and get money for, and it will never be MINE!

Trailers: Practical, and it will eventually be yours to sell, but, I would like to have higher standards...If possible.

Houses...Expensive...yeah.

Condos: Seriously considering this to be my best option. Its smaller than a house, cheaper and will eventually be mine.

Whats you input on this stuff guys, help me out, I would like to make the best decision.

derekhonda
01-21-2006, 07:18 PM
An option you might consider would be to buy a 3 or 4 bedroom house and try and find some buds to live with you. A $100,000 house will have about an $700 monthly payment (plus utilities)

Rent it out $250-300 each person.....you live for free and start paying a house off on your own.

JOEX
01-21-2006, 08:14 PM
Stay at home as long as you and your parents can tolerate each other. It would be better than renting an apartment or house IMO.

Tarilers/manufactured homes are OK if they are on their own lot. Financially i'd rather rent than live in a trailer park. In the parks you'll still be paying 'rent' for the space even if you own the home. Around here I think that runs $300-400+ per month for the nicer one's. They aren't cheap to move either.

Houses are expensive now but if you can swing it it can be a great deal in the long run if you don't mind staying in the smae loction for awhile.

Condos seem to be reasonable but you will still have to pay monthly fees for keeping up the grounds etc.....

Buying and renting out rooms can help but that opens up another can of worms. Dealing with others who may not be as responsible. I've tried roommates a couple of times, doesn't work for me.