PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust pipe gasket

d33pt
01-21-2006, 04:26 PM
Where do I get a new exhaust pipe gasket now? Servicehonda says the part is discontinued. I have an 86 250r. The part I'm talking about it where the pipe connects to the engine with the springs. Right now it leaks exhaust at that area.

Is there a part from a newer bike that will fit, like a CR250 or something?

D Bergstrom
01-21-2006, 05:42 PM
Try this number:

18352-HA2-010

I have noticed that alot of gasket's on Service Honda's website for the 250R come up as discontinued. If that happens, I go to www.yamahaoftroy.com and use there part finder. There finder shows the updated part numbers. I then go back to Service Honda and order the part from them. (Yamaha of Troy's prices are quite a bit more expensive then Service Honda.)

Doug

d33pt
01-21-2006, 09:49 PM
Darnit..wish I knew that when I placed my order with service honda. Now I'll have to pay $10 shipping for just one more gasket.

When you look at the microfiche, and there's part 7 and 8, is 8 the split ring that goes around the exhaust port? That's not another gasket is it?

D Bergstrom
01-21-2006, 11:24 PM
I really do not know what #8 is. I have a aftermarket exhaust flange and I just used two of #7. Hopefully, someone else will know .

Doug

Tom TRX250R
01-22-2006, 01:20 AM
Service Honda is the best place to order OEM parts for the price but honestly I have owned 5 250R's and I have never had problems with the Cometic gasket. Do you have an aftermarket exhaust flange? Even after replacing the exhaust flange gasket, I still was leaking oil. The solution was to use the aftermarket exhaust flange with the orange high temp o-rings, and make sure you use the orange high temp gasket sealer on the part where the o-rings are and also where the gasket is. I have rebuilt my latest R about a year ago without one single leak.!!!!

d33pt
01-22-2006, 01:26 AM
Tom, where do you order your aftermarket flange? Mine is the stock one.

So you run your flange with a cometic gasket and some o-rings? Where do the o-rings go?

I think I need to replace the springs too. I can see the pipe moving out a little bit when I rev it.

Rich250RRacer
01-22-2006, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by D Bergstrom
Try this number:

18352-HA2-010

I have noticed that alot of gasket's on Service Honda's website for the 250R come up as discontinued. If that happens, I go to www.yamahaoftroy.com and use there part finder. There finder shows the updated part numbers. I then go back to Service Honda and order the part from them. (Yamaha of Troy's prices are quite a bit more expensive then Service Honda.)

Doug

It's not even a case of updated part numbers, somebody on here had a problem with base gaskets and stator gaskets. Service said they were discontinued, but a few days later I checked availability with my Honda distributor (exact same part numbers) and everything was available. I ordered 10 of each of the part numbers the guy on here had posted and had no problem getting them.