PDA

View Full Version : Police Background Checking

nosliw
01-21-2006, 10:26 AM
alright here goes...

i'm looking into this free police training thing they have in my town. it says in the article that they will do a background check to "make sure i'm in good character". this got me worried because....

in 11th grade my classes all ended up being cancelled so i did something really stupid. i got piss drunk with a friend and wandered around campus. long story short, i didn't get expelled, but i did have to do some chores for the dean. i did take a UA (urine analysis) at the time. he told me it was just for him to verify my condition. it wasn't released to my parents or anything.

is this thing going to show up on my background check?

thanks

Ralph
01-21-2006, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by nosliw
alright here goes...

i'm looking into this free police training thing they have in my town. it says in the article that they will do a background check to "make sure i'm in good character". this got me worried because....

in 11th grade my classes all ended up being cancelled so i did something really stupid. i got piss drunk with a friend and wandered around campus. long story short, i didn't get expelled, but i did have to do some chores for the dean. i did take a UA (urine analysis) at the time. he told me it was just for him to verify my condition. it wasn't released to my parents or anything.

is this thing going to show up on my background check?

thanks

nope, first of all u were under 18 and u were never charged or anyhing. I got something much worse and it was only on my record for 6 months.

ShiftFMX
01-21-2006, 10:29 AM
If there wasnt any kind of law involved...i dont think I would, im not to sure tho. Did it get put on a school record? And since you were under 18, ur record gets cleared when you turn 18

Ralph
01-21-2006, 10:32 AM
Besides even if they did find out they wouldnt really care too much especialy since the dean of students didnt even punish you.

You have no worries.

nosliw
01-21-2006, 10:36 AM
yes i was a minor. turned 18 the summer going into my senior year.

i don't think it was even released to the school. kids have done way less and gotten expelled when it was brought before discipline counsel.

thanks a million. my heart just sank when i heard bg check!

whew what a relief!!!!!!!!!!!!

crookedeyemoto-x
01-21-2006, 12:08 PM
Well, your record does not get cleared when you turn 18 however it is UNACCESSABLE to anyone but the Military or a police department when applying for a job as a police officer or if your job in the military calls for a secret level security clearance or higher. In your case, like stated before it was never put on any kind of public or law enforcement record so you should be fine.

01-21-2006, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by crookedeyemoto-x
it was never put on any kind of public or law enforcement record so you should be fine. :)

Scott-300ex
01-21-2006, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by ShiftFMX
ur record gets cleared when you turn 18

Thank God!!!!!

01-21-2006, 06:08 PM
So it gets cleard when you are 18? But it still affects you from being in the miltary or being a cop?

Ralph
01-21-2006, 06:11 PM
i know mine was cleared. Thrown out after the 6 months of POA. Either way u didnt do anything that bad. The worst thing that could happen is having to listen to a bunch of old guys tell their "When i was ur age" Stories.

crookedeyemoto-x
01-21-2006, 07:09 PM
If you are arrested as a juvenile the record of it is completely unaccessable by employers and such.... except the military if doing a secret level or top secret level security clearance. Some jobs in the military call for these types of security clearances. Also police departments can access these types of crimes even if committed at an age when you were a juvenile. This however is only if it is relavent to a job like a police officer or a Military Police Officer such as myself. But like I said before what you did was in all actuality not that big of a deal and a record of it was never made so you are fine. Stressing this is just hurting yourself....dont worry about it. Hope this info helps...