PDA

View Full Version : starting problems

bmw31
01-20-2006, 10:12 PM
i need some help diagnosing my starting problem on a predator 500. when i hit the start button all it does is clickdown at the swich magnectic at the battery. that is where the hot cable from the battery goes to and then a cable from there goes to th starter. if i wiggle the wires around i get a short or spark sound from there and sometimes it will start. i put my test light on the side that goes to starter and it isnt getting any juice to the starter. do you think this is the problem or is there a ground fault or a short some where? next question is when i do get it started and i turn the lights on, they are normal but when i rev the motor up the lights will dim and fade in and out with the rev of the motor. do you think this is the problem of the switch mgnetic? please help, need to get the bike running so i can go to breezewood this week to ride the tracks before the weather gets to bad.:confused:

prepracing
01-20-2006, 11:12 PM
sounds like a ground problem or shorting problem, maybe loose connection somewhere. Lights will dim and brighten with rpm's of engine if your battery is not real strong.