PDA

View Full Version : 400ex 150RD main jet

82CSMiata
01-20-2006, 07:36 PM
I purchased my quad used so I don't really know the history. My question for those in the know is I have a main jet of 150RD on my 400ex stock carb. Do any of you know what brand of jet this is so I can buy the kit. I assume the RD is the manufacturing stamp for identification purposes. Thanks for any info. One other question. I have a high compression piston stock bore, stage 2 cam, Powerbomb header and fmf slip on, K&N airfilter with virtually no lid, choke removed, and a port and polish on the head. What pilot, needle, and main jet do you recommend for Louisiana? No mountains around here.:ermm:

Old Head
01-21-2006, 02:51 AM
If your gonna by a kit you might as well just buy a dyno jet kit and not worry about whats in there. 150 sounds a little lean if your anywhere near sea lvl. stock is 148. I have the same mods as you except for the piston and run a 175 main along with a 42 pilot since my choke is also removed.

82CSMiata
01-21-2006, 04:39 PM
Are those jet sizes from a dynojet kit. I guess I will buy a dynojet, but the sizes are different from honda so they kinda confuse me, plus I was worried about somehow not getting the right parts to fit mine since it has some other brand in it.

Old Head
01-22-2006, 02:40 AM
dyno jet kits are nice, they come with a new holder for the main jet a new needle and clip and the instructions are easy to follow.