PDA

View Full Version : gas

400exrules
01-20-2006, 06:28 PM
I just went out into the garage to start my 400 up and run it around the block to keep the battery charged, and before i started it up, i sat on it, then stood up(feet on the pegs) and shook side to side, to spash the gas around in side the gas tank incase their was any trash in the gas, that had settled to the bottom....since its been sitting for like 3 weeks. And i started it and let it idle for a few minutes and pushed it back outta the garage and their was a small puddle of gas. I push it back in the garage and shook it side to side again and the float bowl overflow hose was dripping out gas.

Is it normal for it to be dripping out this easy? I thought it would only do this when doing a wheelie, tilted on the grab bar, etc.....not just moving side to side.

Chicksdigme423
01-20-2006, 07:26 PM
your floats are stuck open

400exrules
01-20-2006, 08:23 PM
how do i fix it?

ZeroLogic
01-20-2006, 08:26 PM
You can try to tap the side with a screwdriver. If that dosn't work you can take it apart.

400exrules
01-20-2006, 08:32 PM
thats the problem.....the heads of the top 3 screws to the top of my carb are stripped :eek: . i hope you dont access it through their

NacsMXer
01-20-2006, 09:24 PM
You need to take the float bowl off the carb, it is on the bottom of the carb. Then you will be able to free up the float. Do yourself a favor and replace the soft brass screws with allen key type fasteners from the hardware store. Also buy the right size easy-out(screw extractor) while you're there to replace those stripped screws on the top of your carb.

400exrules
01-20-2006, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by NacsMXer
You need to take the float bowl off the carb, it is on the bottom of the carb. Then you will be able to free up the float. Do yourself a favor and replace the soft brass screws with allen key type fasteners from the hardware store. Also buy the right size easy-out(screw extractor) while you're there to replace those stripped screws on the top of your carb.

aight, thanks:D

what is the point of having such weak screws? is honda just tryin to save a penny or is their more to it?

prepracing
01-20-2006, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by NacsMXer

Or if you mean the screw heads are just stripped, you can take a dremel or hack saw and cut a groove across the screw head so a flat head screw driver can be used to take them out