PDA

View Full Version : College Riders

ST87
01-20-2006, 05:21 PM
Im startin at Auburn University this summer and was wondering how the classes, studying, and so forth effected your riding is it any worse than high school? Im just worried about being to busy to ride because im gonna have to keep around a 3.5 gpa.

wilkin250r
01-20-2006, 05:22 PM
The studying isn't all that bad, especially the first couple of years. It's the drinking and women that really cut into the riding time. :devil:

FourFiftyFour
01-20-2006, 05:32 PM
yeah the first couple yrs arent so bad...im worried about when i go to a real university and im starting my more major oriented classes....right now being at a comm. college and taking easy classes isnt so bad for ridin'

ST87
cant wait :macho

derekhonda
so far this year, ive ridden maybe 5 times since august :(

ST87
01-20-2006, 05:33 PM
what about about starting at a major university will the first 2 years still be as easy as a junior college or alot harder.

FourFiftyFour
01-20-2006, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by ST87
what about about starting at a major university will the first 2 years still be as easy as a junior college or alot harder.

its easier to take your basics at a community college. classes arent as big and the professors arent so keen on failing you out.

01-20-2006, 05:36 PM
i am a freshman this year and have my 4 wheeler in a storage place. I ride it inbetween classes at a field right next to the place where the guy is nice enough to let me ride. kinda gets boring but theres a place to ride like 20 minutes away from me where I can go on the weekends. thats how im riding now

ST87
01-20-2006, 05:40 PM
If i could chose i would prob start at a community college but im not in charge lol

01-20-2006, 05:47 PM
screw a community college. go do the real thing from the beginning and make some friends and getout of the hizzouse

400exrules
01-20-2006, 06:14 PM
im a junior in high school, having no clue what the hell i want to do with my life, im probably going to university of memphis (20 min away) so i can save money and live at home, and still be able to ride at all the ridin spots around here

NacsMXer
01-20-2006, 06:42 PM
College has drastically affected my riding. I basically only get to ride during the warmer months when I have breaks. Really puts a damper on your riding skills when you don't get seat time for a couple of months. Everytime I get to go ride it's like my first time out :rolleyes: :ermm: The only plus side is that I don't have to spend much on maintainence items and don't need to worry about that extra motor wear while the quad is on the lift at home.

elchankoblanko
01-20-2006, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules
im a junior in high school, having no clue what the hell i want to do with my life, im probably going to university of memphis (20 min away) so i can save money and live at home, and still be able to ride at all the ridin spots around here

Dude im in like the same boat. I want to go away for college but close enough to home so i can pick up the quad and do some ridin on the weekends.

ST87
01-20-2006, 06:50 PM
Im takin my quad with me puttin it a mini storage building. So hopefully i can pack my books with me and head to the races. Study between motos and stuff. Thats prob not to cool of a thing to do but if thats what it takes thats whats gonna be done. Maybe itll work.