PDA

View Full Version : photoshot help needed please

antman
01-20-2006, 04:49 PM
hey yall i need some photoshop help.... i was wondering if y'all can help me out
i want to make a brush or roller or stamp or somthing to make tire tracks on photo shop that look like holeshots or razrs or some kind of atv tire .... but i have now clue where to start ???
any help will be great....
.....you can AIM me if you want at antman1911

thanks y'all
anthony

antman
01-20-2006, 05:30 PM
ne one got ne ideas or know anytthing that will help???

01-20-2006, 06:17 PM
Creating custom brushes

Before you make your own brush set, you must delete all the old brushes from the brush inspector. It won't delete the brush set from the disk, only from the list of currently used brushes. You can always bring them back by loading them.
Select one of the brushes and right-click > Delete > OK. Repeat for each brush until the list is cleared.
Step 1: Pick an image

It can be a drawing, a photo, whatever you find convenient. The idea is to extract a part that you like to use on your own blends. Make sure you have permission for use of a certain image if it's not made by you.

Step 2: Desaturate and Contrast

Your brushes must be black and white. So if you're using a colored image, first go to: Image > Adjustments > Desaturate (or hit Shift+Ctrl+U). This will turn your image to grayscale. Then, go to Image > Adjustments > Brightness/Contrast... and change the settings while you look at the image. There should be as less gray as possible, as much black and white as possible (except if you're going for the misty look) - try to make it clean and recognizable.

Step 3: Extract brush

Pick Polygonal Lasso Tool and select part of the image you wish to use as brush.

Go to: Edit > Define brush... It will pop up a window showing properties of your new brush. Enter name and click OK.

Check out the brush inspector and you will find the brush there. Yay! You made yourself your first brush! icon_biggrin.gif Try it!

Step 4: Save brush set

When there are more brushes on the list you would like to keep, save them as a brush library (or set). Choose Brushes > Save brushes..., enter name, save and you're done icon_smile.gif

antman
01-20-2006, 11:53 PM
i will give it a try and let ya know if i get it to work for me...
thanks anthony

antman
01-21-2006, 12:08 PM
ok ... i just tryed that but i cant seem to get it to work right ....
i am trying to get the tread off these tires so that i can make a brush with it but need some help cause i keep get just the tread and not the whole tire and i cant get it to be centered but that might just be cause the pics are on an angle???
here is a few pics of them.....
http://www.itptires.com/images/itpholeshotmxr4_lg.jpg
http://justatv.com/pages/atv_tires_a...p_holeshot.gif
http://www.tirewiz.com/images/itp/itp_holeshotmxr.jpg

let me kno what yall think... your help is greatly apreciated
thanks
anthony

antman
01-21-2006, 06:41 PM
ne one know who to do this???