PDA

View Full Version : How do You wire this switch?

XCRACER26
01-20-2006, 02:40 PM
how do you wire up theis kill switch to a 05 450r? I bought It to race in the Iowa series.

culookn
01-20-2006, 03:36 PM
this is off subject but im just giving you the heads up, REMOVE the little clip thats on the end that you hook to your body. i had mine connected to my chest protector this past summer and when i was thrown off of my 450 , that clip snapped in half causeing the quad to keep running. in the end i got ran over , a crushed t6, and 2 staples in my head.

XCRACER26
01-20-2006, 04:11 PM
thanks, how did you hook it up though? I got no clue

Roscopikotrain
01-20-2006, 05:40 PM
I have the same K/S. i think you conect the wht to ignition and the black you ground on the frame.

i hope that helps.
D

QuadRacer041
01-20-2006, 06:09 PM
i would consider returning that one. they can come unplugged very easy causing you to have to stop and re connect it and waste alot of time. spend a few extra bucks and get a pro desiegn.

elchankoblanko
01-20-2006, 06:24 PM
I just got a pro armor one for my R and i really like it, its new and even a little cheaper than the pro design but the quality is just as good if not better. Plus it also has a "t" handle to make it easier to put the teather in.

01-20-2006, 06:29 PM
Thats probly the cheapest looking tether ive ever seen lol

XCRACER26
01-20-2006, 07:38 PM
I got a whole bunch of gift certificates to our local dealer ship and I did have enough money to get a pro design after I bought my hood and My filter. I probaly wont have it hooked up to me very much any wayz. its just to pass the safety test

QuadRacer041
01-21-2006, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by XCRACER26
I got a whole bunch of gift certificates to our local dealer ship and I did have enough money to get a pro design after I bought my hood and My filter. I probaly wont have it hooked up to me very much any wayz. its just to pass the safety test

it can still pop off if you bump it or hit something...but its your race so...what ever floats your boat

400exrider707
01-21-2006, 10:39 PM
Seriously ditch that one, they come undone WAY to easy. I had one on my MX banshee and then all of a sudden it would start running like crap, and bogging and cutting out, then I noticed that it was slightly pulling off, it would take me forever to figure it out the first few times. It SUCKS! Get a pro-armor or pro-design.

I too have had the metal clip on the end break as well causing my wheeler to stay running, but that was with a pro-design unit.