PDA

View Full Version : any practice tracks in the mid-west, need some new places to ride

yfzmotox68
01-20-2006, 02:00 PM
hey fellas, me and a buddy of mine are lookin for some mx tracks to ride this year. does anybody know of any around the mid-west to ride on. im not talkin about beginner tracks either and we are willing to drive some distance if the track is WORTH it. we are just 2 A class mx riders lookin for some different tracks to ride and there isnt any in central illinois that are worth a damn, except for the D17 tracks. if anybody could hook me up and get me some info or something that would be great. thanks fellas

oh, if you know these tracks dont mention them to me cause they suck. Hensons, Brushy Ridge, Pekin, Chandlerville

Chris S.
01-20-2006, 05:04 PM
Try motoland in Kingsbury, IN. It is a nice track that will be 2.5 miles long when they reopen after construction. Kingsbury is in LaPorte County South of LaPorte 10-15 minutes. I would say 1 to 1.5 hours from the state of Illionois. There website I believe is motoland.com. GoodLuck!.

yfzmotox68
01-20-2006, 06:19 PM
thanks chris. keep em comin fellas, need some new hotspots

Quad Boy 660r
01-20-2006, 06:51 PM
Well, the obvious choice to me is Lincoln Trails Motosports. But if are an A Class rider from Illinios, you probably know of it. The website is ltmoffroad.com I think. The only other one I know of is in Byron, IL. But I dont even know for sure if they allow quads there.
There are a few MX tracks in northern Indiana though. Wildcat Creek is awsome, wildcatcreekmx.com. Also, the Motoplex is alright if you like real tight indoor tracks, themotoplex.com. That is all I can think of for now.

Quad Boy 660r
01-20-2006, 08:06 PM
I just remembered Hangtime MX. I cannot speak from personal experience because I have never been there, but it is supposed to be an awsome track from what I have heard. Also, there is a National Qualifier there(Red Bud, I think) so it should be good, right? It is located in Akron IN so it may be a hike for you guys. readsracing.com. You will also see info on some other tracks in Indiana like Trojan Raceway and D&D Motosports, but I have no info on them. I know most of this tracks are kind of far out, but I hope the info, I gave you help out. Good Luck!

yfzmotox68
01-21-2006, 08:35 AM
thanks quad boy, its definetly worth the drive for a good day on a practice track. thanks for the info, i appreciate it. ill check these tracks out

ck450r
01-22-2006, 12:49 PM
there is a couple of tracks up by the quad cities. I have never been to them but they look like they might be alright.

muddywatersmx.com
tricitym-c.com

ck450r
01-22-2006, 12:58 PM
oh yea, try Kahoka Mo. There isn't alot of jumps but it's rough, they use alot of sawdust.
kahokamx.com

yfzmotox68
01-22-2006, 07:42 PM
rushville illinois, whats your name. im from astoria, i might know you

watts16
01-22-2006, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by yfzmotox68

Is your yfz black? Were you at asttoria the 12th i think... of november? It started raining and some one had a really nice black yfz there.

yfzmotox68
01-23-2006, 08:53 PM
nope, mine was blue, now its orange. i live in astoria, i dont go to that track cause its the worst track ive rode on, too easy and no maintence. ill go sometime in the spring if your gonna be there. hate goin there, never anybody worth a fu*k to ride with.

ck450r
01-25-2006, 04:12 PM

Corey Kruse, are you Randy McCombs?

yfzmotox68
01-25-2006, 04:22 PM
yep thats me. still got your 450r. me and my buddy go to this awsome practice track over by lewistown and man is it sweet. you need to get hooked up with us this spring and go. its a national style track that is smooth as hell. we are the only 2 quads that have ever been on the track, i wanna get some more quads to go over there

ck450r
01-25-2006, 04:59 PM
yeah i still got the r but haven't rode for a long time. I want to hit it pretty hard this spring so i can get in shape. that track in lewistown sounds pretty good. Do you still race? I only made 2 races last year but would like to make alot more this year.

yfzmotox68
01-25-2006, 06:05 PM
yeah its a nice one, worked and watered every sat. and sun.
im gonna put a post on here around march about a week before we go to see if we can get some quads up there. youd like it.

i didnt race much last year cause of the heat and the dryness, it sucked. we just rode about and hit different practice tracks. im gonna race the fair series this year and also galesburg and coal valley. those tracks are fun as hell.

watts16
01-25-2006, 06:27 PM
nope, mine was blue, now its orange. i live in astoria, i dont go to that track cause its the worst track ive rode on, too easy and no maintence. ill go sometime in the spring if your gonna be there. hate goin there, never anybody worth a fu*k to ride with.

well Im just a XC racer. But I hit up the MX track alot. I can atleast double everything ecept the Big double.

ck450r
01-27-2006, 10:19 AM
hey, nice pic watts.

ck450r
01-27-2006, 10:26 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by yfzmotox68
[B]yeah its a nice one, worked and watered every sat. and sun.
im gonna put a post on here around march about a week before we go to see if we can get some quads up there. youd like it.

sounds good, lookin forward to gettin back in the saddle!!

yfzmotox68
01-27-2006, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by watts16
well Im just a XC racer. But I hit up the MX track alot. I can atleast double everything ecept the Big double.

sorry watts, i didnt realize that pic was of astorias track, i just glanced at it and for some reason thought it was the track in pekin, i guess since your from pekin, ima idiot. anyway that big double aint bad, little tougher now, last time i went there the extended it. i hit it in 3rd as fast as the yfz will go without hittin the rev limiter:grr: you definetly dont wanna come up short on that jump, youd feel it

watts16
01-28-2006, 01:12 PM
sorry watts, i didnt realize that pic was of astorias track, i just glanced at it and for some reason thought it was the track in pekin, i guess since your from pekin, ima idiot. anyway that big double aint bad, little tougher now, last time i went there the extended it. i hit it in 3rd as fast as the yfz will go without hittin the rev limiter:grr: you definetly dont wanna come up short on that jump, youd feel it

ya that was in nov.

TRXman86
01-30-2006, 12:22 AM
i have a few in mind. have you ever been to South Fork in Taylorville? pretty nice track. not awesome, but very fun to ride. they got some nice jumps and whoops in there. www.southforkdirtriders.com

Kahoka Missouri is another nice one. they have an up hill that challenges even some of the most skilled riders. a few of our best guys have trouble once in a while on 450's. he may use saw dust and be rough, but the track is still extremly fast! if i can find my pics ill show them to you. there is a link on his site that you can see some shots of it with bikes racing. you can get a good idea of it. www.kahokamx.com <-has been listed by ck450r

there is moberly Missouri, never been there but i hear it is a decent track. you will have to go to www.mostatemx.com for info on it. most of the guys race there for series.

down in Bellville there is a track. BET puts all the shows on. not sure of track. never heard much about it. i will have to look for web page. not sure what it is.

i got a few more but will have to look. you probably know them though.

**any of you guys ever been to kahoka to race/ride before? i may have seen you there. i ran it all the time in 2004?

yamaherman1
01-30-2006, 04:27 PM
how bout joliet mx? thats all ways a bad *** track to hit up.