PDA

View Full Version : powervalves

big-plans
01-20-2006, 07:28 AM
does anyone know anything about powervalve motors or how they compare to non powervalves

slamdak8782
01-20-2006, 08:11 AM
they have better low end. Do asearch.

methyman
01-21-2006, 03:36 AM
They have a smoother power band instead of a hard hit of the power band like most cylinders.

readybeartoe
01-22-2006, 02:44 PM
If you notice, They say ,"The 4-strokes have an ALMOST! 2-stroke feel", but NOTHING feels like an R! and I meen the one and only true R... I have two decked out 250rs and I just installed a LRD 265 (270) powervalve top end kit ported by Arlon on my Roll bike. I have always loved the hit of 250R (sometimes good, someitmes bad with wheel spin) but this is Silky smooth with alot of power! You won't even know how much faster you're really going! It is feels smooth like a 450 4 stroke but it is alot lighter! without the heavy feel of a 450 4-stroke. (not to mention the stalling and starting problems + reliabilty of a built 4 banger when pushed too hard) . I'm not bashing the 4-strokes. I have one. And I usually have one stall out infront of me in the first corner in every race when I don't get a hole shot! They have come a long way though, and are easier to ride in the minds of the new racers. but in the minds of us true 2-stroke riders, this is the way to go! This is what Jeremiah would still be winning 1st place with, if he could ride one in the Pro class. But He might take the 1st place this year on the New DADOOKIE. I can't wait to see...All YOU 4-stroke riders don't need to get your panties in a wad, I will probably get a new Dadookie , So I can go pro too. LOL!

baker250r
01-22-2006, 06:36 PM
pretty much wut He said.... :rolleyes:

I have a 270 pv sittin the the shelf. I had it on ym old R, and i loved every second of it. he is right, u dont knwo how much faster u actually are going, till u compare lap times. only reason i dont have it on right now, is cuz it needs some cylinder work, and im broke.

anyobdy wanna help a brother out with nickasiling?