PDA

View Full Version : Broad River ATV

kreed5821
01-20-2006, 02:54 AM
This is the best riding area in GA that I've been to. It is located about 12 miles south of Elberton, GA on highway 77. I haven't been to all of the riding parks in GA but know people who have been to the others and they agree that Broad River cannot be beat. The owner asks for feedback and acts upon what he hears. They've only been open for about eight months and have gotten better and better with every trip I've made down there. They have great food for $6 (all you can eat), super nice cabins and camper hookups if you want to make a weekend of it. They have a pressure washer and shower house (free of charge) and porta-potties on the trails in various locations.

TRAILS
The trails are wide and mostly fast with huge mud pits beside the trails and in some of the side trails. All trails are one way and most, if not all, hazards have warning signs preceding them. They have recently completed their first mx track and from what I hear it still needs work (obstacles spaced out too far) but it is new...lol. There is also a small kid's track that is also new. There are no technical trails but several are full of switchbacks that will wear most of us out in a hurry. They only claim to have 60 miles of trails but they had that much the first time I was there and have added a lot since then. You will not be asking "wheres the rest of the trails?" after riding them all like I did with other places...lol.

STILL TO COME
The owner has asked for opinions on having river tubing down Broad River available to guests. With the positive feedback he has received, I bet it'll be in place this summer.
They will be making the mx track better and better.
It has been suggested that they have a rock crawl area or a log climb and the owner liked the idea.
Like I said before, if you see something you like or don't like just speak up. I've never seen a business so eager to please!

DOWNFALLS
They are new...lol. But growing extremely fast!

Sometimes you cannot avoid getting muddy after a rain.

No trail maps available yet. They are waiting to finish most of the trails before making a map that would be outdated in a month.

COST
Riding fee: $25
Lunch: $6 all you can eat
$? to order a set amount.
Pressure Washer: Free
Shower: Free
Campsite w/full RV hookup: $25/night
Camping (primitive): $10/night
Cabin: $75/night (sleeps 6) I could be wrong about the cost of the cabin but I think that is right.

QUESTIONS
If you have any questions they have forums on their site at www.broadriveratv.com (http://broadriveratv.com/phpBB/index.php) The home page is www.broadriveratv.com

Their phone number is 706-817-1569

I can't imagine anyone not having a great time here.

ryann mx68
01-22-2006, 08:17 AM
kreed, how you been? i read somewhere you got busted-up.
i'm hoping to get to br-atv this spring, glad theyve got a track now.

hope we can get together and ride sometime. just got my daughter a kymco 90, so only 1 left is my wife- who needs a 250 auto.

zacs dinli 90 is modded now and flat out rips. my 400ex is gone and 06 450r now takes it place in the stable.

anyway, let me know when your back in action, we'll meet and ride.

kreed5821
01-22-2006, 08:25 AM
Sounds good to my, Ryan! I should be up and at em around April. Maybe late March. I'm already planning on making a trip down to Broad River the second weekend in April if nothing happens. I've got your e-mail in my address book so I'll try to let you know when the time gets nearer.

I still haven't gotten my wife one either, but we'll borrow my Dad's for her. They also rent em if your interested in doing that. I'm not sure of how much it costs, but you can call John anytime and he'll let you know. You will not believe how nice those folks are.

ryann mx68
01-22-2006, 02:59 PM
alright, sounds good.... this weather blows, good day to watch some football.

kreed5821
01-22-2006, 03:48 PM
Yeah, I had to sleep all day though. Gotta work all night...lol

Good game so far!

trx400exxracer
01-25-2006, 02:00 PM
are the trails kinda like rocky creek atv in Culloden, GA and Durhamtown

I wish some of these places had more technical trails so you could practice

and a good place to practice cross country racing and even race every no and then is at Highpoint in Perry,Ga and along with that track tripple "J" in Henderson right down the road from that track and Johnny Reb in Wadley,Ga

these guys put on good races there is just a lack of attendence but that should change soon there use to be alot of trailriders on Saturday and Sunday after the race but it has slacked down a bit but I focusing on bringing and inviting a lot more racers to keep this series alive

kreed5821
01-25-2006, 02:40 PM
I haven't been to rocky creek yet. The trails at Broad River are wide and one way. Nothing too technical though. There is one trail named "the maze", it is a real arm pumper, full of switchbacks. I haven't been in a few months now and with the way that place changes, I'm sure it will seem totally different when I finally get to go again. They have small jumps in the trails that make it a lot of fun but it will be better when they add more jumps to it.