PDA

View Full Version : help

sweetass300ex
01-19-2006, 06:04 PM
no spark i took off my flywheel and stator to change my counterbalance holder and i put in the new one and started to put it back together. when i got done tryed to start it but it would not start changed to a new plug and nothing i dont get spark what should i do should i buy a new stator

and is anyone selling a stator need one

thanks

Cr85rRida
01-19-2006, 06:28 PM
ahh hold up man dont blow money on all that check the obvious first! Your CDI or Coil is probably crappola. Thats probably the problem. I had the same prob. and was freaking out. try getting a new one or checking yours to see if its bad. if its not then check all the wires make sure non are loose.

sweetass300ex
01-19-2006, 07:07 PM
but it ran before i took it apart why all of a suden not work

hondardr4life
01-19-2006, 07:13 PM
Check to see if you have any loose or you messed anything up in there.

Cr85rRida
01-20-2006, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by sweetass300ex
but it ran before i took it apart why all of a suden not work

you probbably puled a wire or somthing isint touching or connecting.

Im no electrician, when i got my Rit was good and then a couple weeks later it wouldnt start. With the help of some good guys on *********.net and my honda manual with the trouble shooting setion i narrowed it down to the cdi and thats what it was.

The cdi could still be the old one from the showroom floor. Same as the coil. I got a new OEM CDI threw my dealer. Ill look in the manual and see if i can figure it out.

TheFontMaster
01-20-2006, 01:44 PM
Chances are that you pulled on a wire and it came dis connected or somehow lost it's connection.

elbine69
01-20-2006, 02:51 PM
check to make sure you have a good ground still

sweetass300ex
01-22-2006, 04:18 PM
thanks for the help i will try to see if a ground came loose and will dielectric grease should i use it or not and will it still work if i put it on the pick up and the coils on the stator

thanks