PDA

View Full Version : whaddya think about cust. axis shocks

#8red
01-19-2006, 03:18 PM
everyone I know is runnin' pep or elka - where does axis fall in line - and are they the "zps" style w/ ride ht. adj. like the others??? - thanks

lghickman21
01-19-2006, 04:36 PM
Custom axis shocks are awesome if you can afford them. I priced a new set yesterday from elka, axis, and fox. All were for standard travel 400ex XC racing, all were comparable shocks. 895 for set of elka, 695 for set of fox, and 695 per shock for axis. that is probably why most people don't ride them.

R3Concepts
01-19-2006, 06:11 PM
I dont think price has anything to do with it. PEP ZPS ARC fronts are 1650.

Custom Axis is set up slow valving wise. From what I gather is they are having some major customer service issues, with wait time being one of the major ones at this moment.

They are good shocks, but with the valving on them being set up slow, or to us at least it seemed slow, I personally dont think that they are up to par out of the box. There are many companies out there that can make them great shocks, but thats more money.

fandl450r
01-19-2006, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by R3Concepts
I dont think price has anything to do with it. PEP ZPS ARC fronts are 1650.

Custom Axis is set up slow valving wise. From what I gather is they are having some major customer service issues, with wait time being one of the major ones at this moment.

They are good shocks, but with the valving on them being set up slow, or to us at least it seemed slow, I personally dont think that they are up to par out of the box. There are many companies out there that can make them great shocks, but thats more money.

I agree, I got the privilege to ride some PEP's this past weekend and the valving was spot on, a definitely plush riding shock. I won't start on Custom Axis' customer service, because it does suck, and wait time is definitely an issue, been waiting since 12/2 for my shocks. In the next week if I don't see some progress, I will be cancelling my order. R3 I may need some PEP's so I will let you know.

R3Concepts
01-19-2006, 06:20 PM
I have a full set right now, ready to go.

Teufel
01-19-2006, 06:32 PM
I Love Mine :cool:

h-bomb450R
01-19-2006, 08:15 PM
mine are incredible. But theres also a big difference in the feel between a cross country setup and mx setup. So i wouldnt know how the mx guys like them.

benbuilt4u
01-19-2006, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by fandl450r
I agree, I got the privilege to ride some PEP's this past weekend and the valving was spot on, a definitely plush riding shock. I won't start on Custom Axis' customer service, because it does suck, and wait time is definitely an issue, been waiting since 12/2 for my shocks. In the next week if I don't see some progress, I will be cancelling my order. R3 I may need some PEP's so I will let you know.

my CA's went back on a monday and i got them back on friday the guy there was awesome and when i got them back i dialed in pre-load and rebound and the were perfect. i love these shockas and the service.

i did not buy new ones though

fandl450r
01-20-2006, 06:02 AM
Originally posted by benbuilt4u
my CA's went back on a monday and i got them back on friday the guy there was awesome and when i got them back i dialed in pre-load and rebound and the were perfect. i love these shockas and the service.

i did not buy new ones though

Their rebuild time is probably a lot quicker than new shock orders, as I said I have been waiting close to 2 months for my shocks, and they said they are just now getting around to building the december orders, hopefully they get shipped out today.

woodsman250r
01-20-2006, 03:16 PM
I got my fronts used and they were set up by GT Thunder for XC and I could not be happier. I used to have Elkas on my bike and they sucked, but from what I hear the valving from Elka pretty much sucks but they were a good quality shock. I ride XC and they shocks are top notch but everyone has their own opinion so you would be best off to ride on a set before making your purchase on shocks.

MXRACER86
01-21-2006, 09:17 AM
What is everybody talking about???? I got my custom axis in 4 days!!!! My friend waited a year for his PEPS! A YEAR!!!!!

R3Concepts
01-21-2006, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by MXRACER86
What is everybody talking about???? I got my custom axis in 4 days!!!! My friend waited a year for his PEPS! A YEAR!!!!!

Thats funny..We get our PEPs in 4-7 days.