PDA

View Full Version : white bros?

Honda#4
01-19-2006, 02:18 PM
i bought a e series pipe from rocky and i was wondering how many discs you can run on a stock carb safely without rejetting i know u guys r gonna tell me to rejet but i dont have the time to do it and i know u can run it with stock jetting so do give me any crap.

01-19-2006, 02:38 PM
here is you crap...rejet, or go down to 4 discs, which is like stock and will perform about the same

RacingA400
01-19-2006, 06:45 PM
i got a E series on my 400 and i used to have 4 plates in with a stock jet and i jetted it and i think i have 6 i think im noto sure...but it ran fine with 4 plates

key4202003
01-19-2006, 07:01 PM
wata geek, asks us for info, and is rude about it...

Honda#4
01-19-2006, 07:29 PM
i dont mean to yell at u guys i just want a reasonable answer okay.

Quadboy350
01-19-2006, 08:01 PM
Whats the problem with rejetting in only takes 5 minutes

Honda#4
01-19-2006, 08:10 PM
what if i tear it all down and make the changes and it dont run then what, keep on doing until i screw it up more. i figure that if the professionals do it thats what there meant to do besides it would take a load off my mind if they did it anyway.

JOEX
01-19-2006, 10:11 PM
Changing the main jet is just as easy as changing the pipe;)

Are you using an aftermarket airfilter?

400exrider707
01-19-2006, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Honda#4
i dont mean to yell at u guys i just want a reasonable answer okay.

The reasonable answer is to rejet, if you dont want to rejet then leave the pipe on the shelf.

Rejetting is very simple to do and I believe there is a step by setp guide right on this site. There should be no reason your quad wouldn't run if you rejetted. Its HARD to mess up. You run a higher risk of engine problems by NOT rejetting. You will be running lean which is VERY bad for your motor.

So either take the time and do it right, or dont do it at all.

Eddiesanders250
01-19-2006, 10:21 PM
Its really easy to re-jet, I promise

LT250Racer609
01-19-2006, 10:29 PM
adding a pipe and not rejetting your quad is like adding a supercharger and nitrous to your car and not adding larger fuel injectors....

its only a matter of time before it blows

it will only take a matter of 20 minutes at most to rejet a carb. you dont have 20 minutes in your day to do it?

01-20-2006, 06:41 AM
i see you got you crap anyway...that being the case, i am gonna chime in a little more...when i had my 300ex rejetted, i sent it to a professional because i had to work 12 hour days for 6 days ina row and i was going riding on my first day off so i didn't have time to rejet...the professional had me too lean...i ended up having to redo it myself anyway...i paid him $55 to get me close...

all you have to do is take the plastic and gas tank off...then there are 3 brass screws on the top of the carb...carefully take them out and take the 2 screws out of the bottom of the bowl...this lets you get the needle out...there is an e shaped clip on the needle...move it on slot towards the pointy end...put it back together...loosen the 2 hose clamps that hold the carb to the motor and the air filter box...spin the carb upside down and take off that big cao in the bottom...there is you main jet...put a bigger one in and put it al lback together....take it for a ride and see if you went high enough with the main jet...if it ids not quite right try another main jet

bwamos
01-20-2006, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by speedyquad
and take the 2 screws out of the bottom of the bowl...this lets you get the needle out...

I know what you meant.. but to avoid confusion.. that is the slide.

The bowl is the bottom of the carb where the main jet is located.

Honda #4 if you look at the top of the page you will see a tab called "articles". There is a short and dirty guide to jetting a carb in there.

If you want a more detailed guide look here http://www.duncanracing.com/techfaq/Tech_keihin-carburetion-jetting.phtml

Honda#4
01-20-2006, 09:48 AM
speedyquad said something about taking the gas tank out well anyway i bought a ims gas tank to so maybe i could just do alltogether and how much for main jets and stuff. and i forgot to tell u guys my plugs r always a black color so will that affect my pipe then.

01-20-2006, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by bwamos
I know what you meant.. but to avoid confusion.. that is the slide.

The bowl is the bottom of the carb where the main jet is located.

Honda #4 if you look at the top of the page you will see a tab called "articles". There is a short and dirty guide to jetting a carb in there.

If you want a more detailed guide look here http://www.duncanracing.com/techfaq/Tech_keihin-carburetion-jetting.phtml

ya got me ther wamos, i was trying to exlpain it as easy as possible. i was assuming he was not real familiar with all the names of the carb parts and since the slide actually looks like a bowl, i stated bowl so he would know what i was talking about...
maybe i should have used the correct terminology anyway

01-20-2006, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Honda#4
speedyquad said something about taking the gas tank out well anyway i bought a ims gas tank to so maybe i could just do alltogether and how much for main jets and stuff. and i forgot to tell u guys my plugs r always a black color so will that affect my pipe then.

yep, if you gotta do that, there are only a few more screws to get anyway...

and you don't actually have to take the front fenders all the way off, leave the electrical stuff hooked up and just slide them forward enough to get the tank off...

bwamos
01-20-2006, 11:32 AM
Main jet's are about $4. You won't need to replace the needle, just adjust it.

Honda#4
01-20-2006, 12:06 PM
so if i wanted to run all the disks what would u recamend i get for jets then and i have the stock air filter on and if i took just the air filter off and not the whole thing would that be good enough or should i get a uni or k and n. could i get the jets at a honda dealer or not.

01-20-2006, 12:11 PM
all discs and stock air filter...try a 148 and up

with k& n or uni...155 and up...

those are just a guess as i have 155 or so in mine for a full race big gun and k&n, and i do not know you elevation...

get a minimum ir 4 jets, and you will get better performance with a k&n or uni than with the stock filter. stock filters are too restrictive and you will not get your full gains from the pipe

Honda#4
01-20-2006, 12:27 PM
i dont have the money this year to get a k and n so i think im gonna stick with the stocky for now untill next year. what if i just take the foam filter off or dont that do anything.