PDA

View Full Version : Tires comming off the beed

Honda TRX250ex
01-19-2006, 01:41 PM
i was looking at my quad this morning and noticed that my rear razrs were not seated on the beed. i put air into them till they got rock hard. but when i took some or the air out of them when i got home from school they were off the beed again. they are the right tires and the fit the rims. (rocky mountain said they will fit and a auto place that i got the tires mounted said that they are the right size.

Why are they comming off the beed? am i doing somthing wrong. should i run the tires rock hard for a while?
please help

balls2da-wall
01-19-2006, 03:05 PM
First off were they ever even seated on the bead? or are you pumping them up so much they look seated? Read on the tires and see what the max PSI rating is...spray some luberacant around the bead and pump them up to max psi and let them set till you hear a loud pop.

huffdaddy_400EX
01-19-2006, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by balls2da-wall
First off were they ever even seated on the bead? or are you pumping them up so much they look seated? Read on the tires and see what the max PSI rating is...spray some luberacant around the bead and pump them up to max psi and let them set till you hear a loud pop.

As added help you can also wrap a tie-down around it (center of tire) and remove the valve stem insert when you inflate the tire. I have found that doing both will help when you can't get it seated correctly.

Honda TRX250ex
01-19-2006, 03:45 PM
alright guys thanks.
ill try it tommarow

Rip_Tear
01-19-2006, 07:03 PM
Are they new rims? If the rim is damaged the tire might not beed properly.

Honda TRX250ex
01-19-2006, 07:51 PM
no the rims arent new nor damange.

01-20-2006, 05:37 AM
caugh, beadlocks. caugh....

bwamos
01-20-2006, 08:40 AM
beadlocks will leak too if you don't put them on correctly. ;)

dirtmomma
01-20-2006, 08:48 AM
maybe you could post the sizes/numbers off your tires & rims???????? that would probably help clear alot up :)

NOT all tire stores know wht they are talking about :D It sounds to me you didn't "seat" the bead BUT if the tire store did it then something else is going on I"d say :)

01-20-2006, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by bwamos
beadlocks will leak too if you don't put them on correctly. ;)

no $h!t

ST87
01-20-2006, 04:44 PM
I took a set of mine to a brake and tire shop to get mine put on and they didnt seat the bead right either so i did the tie down trick to seat them myself.