PDA

View Full Version : Holeshots??

ride red
07-08-2002, 08:05 PM
I need a new set of front tires for my 400EX and am not sure what to get and am thinking of getting holeshots. One of my friends though told me they didn't wear very good, is this true or not?? Also if anyone knows were a get get a douglas .190 and these or whatever tire I get the cheapest please let me know.

papaw
07-08-2002, 08:20 PM
razr fronts are awesome

roostin_dale
07-09-2002, 07:26 PM
Yea the RAZR fronts are awsome! And in the newest issue of dirt wheels the said RAZR just came out with new MX tires...sweet! For best prices just look through the adds in dirt wheels!

frogburner
07-10-2002, 05:44 PM
Hey Red,

Thats the same thing I was told... I was also told that you slide the rearend out everytime you turn with a little bit of speed... Either way, I went ahead and bought a set of regular ole holeshots.. The tread is a little soft, but I think it all wears on how you ride... Other than that I love them so far... They have LOTS of grip and DO NOT slide the rearend out everytime you ride... I do not ride in mud though, so I dont expect to have the 400 buried in mud... Usually I climb hills and trail ride alot in the woods... But Go with what you think,, Holeshots are very good tires...

Teufel
07-10-2002, 06:39 PM
I have run both holeshots and razrs, both are great tires but I prefer the holeshots especially fronts. The front razrs bite alittle too hard for my style and wear me out. Both tires use a realtively soft compound so they do wear faster than you might like. This is a trade off the softer compound provides better traction but wears quicker......I suggest trying both and see what works best for you :cool:

ride red
07-10-2002, 08:06 PM
Thanks for the help, I think I'll try maybe the razr and if I don't like them I'll try a set of the holeshots like Teufel said