PDA

View Full Version : banshee top ends

LiL300exrida
01-19-2006, 12:36 PM
:confused: ok people tell me that banshees run great untill you have to put new top ends in, people said that cause its dual cylinder that it gets all screwed up j/w cause i want a banshee and going to start lookin around in the spring for one

QuadRacer18
01-19-2006, 02:12 PM
my banshee has run better that my old 400ex ever did. And its way faster! its all about maintanance, as long as you maintain your bike, you wont have any problems, banshees are a very dependable quad if taken care of correctly.

Mxjunkie
01-19-2006, 03:48 PM
my built banshee is more relaible then any of my friends quads, rausch creek 2 days of non stop mx wfo, everyone of my friends quads had problems, 450rs and 400ex's mine didnt miss a beat!

LiL300exrida
01-19-2006, 05:31 PM
ok what do you mean by maintain cause i m not a total tard i have machniching skills but what exactly do u mantain
and what are some price rangs for some used banshees

LiL300exrida
01-19-2006, 05:35 PM
o ya mxjunkie u got a sick banshee i read your banshee build adn i thought it was sick!!!!!!:blah:

JDiablo
01-19-2006, 05:38 PM
Doing the regular mantience on it.

Spark plugs,etc,etc

Mxjunkie
01-19-2006, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by LiL300exrida
o ya mxjunkie u got a sick banshee i read your banshee build adn i thought it was sick!!!!!!:blah:

haha thanks man

Changing your sparkplugs helps out I usually change mine every 2-3 months.

Chain make sure its tight, lube it as well and tube your clutch and throttle cable.

other then that just go over and check the bolts to make sure they are all tight and clean your air filter.

QuadRacer18
01-19-2006, 07:16 PM
Dont' forget about tranny oil. Gotta change that!

race-a-holic
01-23-2006, 10:11 AM
Yeah,banshees being unreliable and constantly fouling plugs is a misconception.They are reliable once you get them dialed in.Jetting after mods may take a few tries but well worth the effort.Even the ported banshees should last 2 or 3 years depending on who done the work.My wife and I both ride banshees.We are happy with them.Now if I could just stop modifying it.LOL!:D

Joe400ex
01-23-2006, 11:07 PM
man all this talking makes me wonna get a shee

race-a-holic
01-24-2006, 08:29 AM
Before you go switching to a banshee there some things to consider.What do you do with your quad:drag race,motor cross,trail ride,etc...For slow trail riding I personally wouldn't suggest a banshee.For dunes or drag racing,oh yeah,they really shine there.Motor cross,they can be set up for that too.Just keep in mind that they do require a little more shifting to keep them in the powerband,but it sure is fun.Once you get use to the shifting along with the powerband they are a very fun quad to ride.Banshees have a problem with traction so tire selection and gearing are important.A friend of mine was upset one time because some 4-strokes were beating him on his banshee.What he learned was that where he was racing at he couldn't get a good take off,and the 4-stroke technology has come a long way.The sky is the limit when it comes to modifying the banshee.How fast you go depends on how much money you have and how well you spend it.There was a time a stock banshee scared me but once I'm done rebuilding my banshee this time it will weigh around 340 lbs. and be making around 90-95 hp.So even if the banshee seems fast(like most quads)you'll eventually get use to it and here you go spending money again.:D

LiL300exrida
01-24-2006, 11:19 AM
ok ya i do alot of very fast trail riding and pit riding with massive hills and bowls i have alot of huge feilds around my house that i am alowed to right in so all my buddys drag, and i have a small track with some decent size jumps ........... so thats the kind of riding a do is the banshee right for me or not?

Joe400ex
01-24-2006, 01:19 PM
the riding i do mainly is trails and open straights. Plus like Mxjunkie did ill just set it up for xc or what ever i do with it

race-a-holic
01-24-2006, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by LiL300exrida
ok ya i do alot of very fast trail riding and pit riding with massive hills and bowls i have alot of huge feilds around my house that i am alowed to right in so all my buddys drag, and i have a small track with some decent size jumps ........... so thats the kind of riding a do is the banshee right for me or not? You'll probably like a banshee.What kind of quads do your buddy's ride?Are you competitive with your friends now?

LiL300exrida
01-25-2006, 01:31 PM
all my friends ride 450rs yfz 450s and modded 400exs and i have a 300ex so it sucks and i dont have the money to buya 450 and my parents arent just goin to hand me a wheeler so i gata sell my 300 and look fora used wheeler

race-a-holic
01-26-2006, 06:15 PM
A banshee should be competitive with the 450's as long as the banshee has good set of pipes and K&N's.Now,I wouldn't expect to just run away from them,but you should be competitive.