PDA

View Full Version : Drive Belts getting chewed up

badvox
01-19-2006, 08:45 AM
Hey all,

I was wondering who the resident CVT expert is?

My sons 90 keeps shredding drive belts. From what I can tell by feel there is no heavy vibrations or anything like that. All assemblies have been replaced front drive, clutch, etc..

The last belt was ridden for about 4 hours before it got mangled. Can anyone please enlighten me as to how these systems are supposed to work or point me in the direction of a good article on the engineering theory behind them?

I just cannot figure this one out.

mike

QuadJunkies
01-19-2006, 01:32 PM
Is this a stock mini?? I know we go threw belts a little more often now that we have highly modded minis but we dont go threw them like you are thats for sure!:huh

Ill see if I cant find a good article but I think Wilkin250r was one person who posted a link to alot of good info once . I would post a little info for you now, but I need to head off to work. Hoepfully someone will post some good info for you soon. Thats def. not normal

Reimer Racing
01-19-2006, 01:49 PM
Look at the clutch cover to see if there is any marks. Might be rubbbing on the cover at high speed.

badvox
01-19-2006, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by ZR600
Look at the clutch cover to see if there is any marks. Might be rubbbing on the cover at high speed.

Never thought of that thanks I will look.

badvox
01-19-2006, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Is this a stock mini?? I know we go threw belts a little more often now that we have highly modded minis but we dont go threw them like you are thats for sure!:huh

Ill see if I cant find a good article but I think Wilkin250r was one person who posted a link to alot of good info once . I would post a little info for you now, but I need to head off to work. Hoepfully someone will post some good info for you soon. Thats def. not normal

Thanks

It is a stock Kymco 90 except for pipe and jetting. Tons of torque for this little motor though. Im waiting on one thing that may be the issue but I dunno at this point. I am waiting on a final report.
Oh and of course I just found out my sons quad got dropped off at AC Racing for part prototyping. So that is now a delay too.

Of course I am okay with that delay. We get new bumper, nerfs, and grab bar right from AC... My son doesnt know about that one yet.