PDA

View Full Version : Would IMS Heelguards fit?

NacsMXer
01-18-2006, 09:12 PM
I know IMS heelguards are intended to be used in conjuction with their footpegs, but could I get them to somehow bolt up to my 450R footpegs? I would hopefully drill corresponding holes and maybe use some spacers to make it work.

I'm just asking everyone's opinion on this before I go ahead and buy them. Thanks :D

450RGNCC
01-18-2006, 09:49 PM
with good fabrication, anything is possible. I am sure that you could get it to work IF the stock pegs and IMS pegs are the same height, if they are dropped or raised, you might have a problem

NacsMXer
01-18-2006, 09:55 PM
yeah you're right I didn't think of that :ermm: Anyone know of any other heelguards other than stock that actually do fit?

prepracing
01-19-2006, 01:42 AM
I've seen several people with IMS heelguards with stock pegs...there was just a small gap between the heelguard and footpeg where the stock peg is not as wide as IMS peg and they had a couple washers in there for spacers.....they looked fine to me

NacsMXer
01-19-2006, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by prepracing
I've seen several people with IMS heelguards with stock pegs...there was just a small gap between the heelguard and footpeg where the stock peg is not as wide as IMS peg and they had a couple washers in there for spacers.....they looked fine to me

Alright sweet, that's what I wanted to hear. I've heard of YFZ guys using stock pegs with the IMS heel guads so I was hoping it would work. A small gap like that shouldn't be a problem, but a huge difference in height would be a problem.

I almost shattered my ankle last summer jumping a kicker when I landed almost vert. and my ankle got jammed down and back. Couldn't walk for 2 weeks, it sucked :mad: I know I would have been cool if I had those heelguards.

This is my current setup pictured without the new 450R pegs which are almost 2x as wide as these.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid152/p6bafeaa04dc33e70df2511ce9e0f7c68/f5af1b1a.jpg