PDA

View Full Version : 300ex help!!!!!!

badass300ex
01-18-2006, 07:04 PM
I just picked up my quad from the the shop , They put a web all around cam in and a stock bore high comp piston in. I aked the guy about the noise the motor is making and he said its normal. The noise is like a tapping clicky clangy noise . but when you give it a little gas it sounds like it goes away. Its only when its idel.but other than that it runs like a champ. He also said I have to break it in like a new motor 5 tanks of gas and just valves and I cant beat on it. Is this all true....

2muchquad
01-18-2006, 07:08 PM
i too have the "all around" cam and mine has tapped since day one.its normal with some aftermarket cams.you get used to it:)

badass300ex
01-18-2006, 07:12 PM
Will It hurt anything on the motor?Do you run stock spring ?

zeppelin
01-18-2006, 07:39 PM
did you get yor rockers hardened. correct me if im wrong but webcams arent drop in, you have to get your rockers hardened or you will risk wearing them out prematurely. although that has nothing to do with the ticking which is normal and nothing to worry about

badass300ex
01-18-2006, 07:48 PM
No I didnt get my rockers hardened I asked web all these questions before I bought the cam and they basically said its a drop in cam . The dealer didnt even rejet they said it was fine.