PDA

View Full Version : reed spacer

Blurry
01-18-2006, 06:10 PM
I did a search and found some info on reed spacers. I will be doing an exhaust, reed valve and open up the inlet a bit, and I want to know if a reed spacer will make a difference with this application or not?

Also how do I change the jets on a stock carb. Anyone got any tips/procedures, and maybe a pic or two? I did a search and didn't come up with much.

Thanks

jvd182
01-18-2006, 06:40 PM
Reed valves will help a decent amount, what are you going to be doing?, id suggest porting if you want good preformance. Putting the jets in is easy, its the getting the right jets in can be pain. planetblaster.org has some faqs and people who could hep you also.

Blurry
01-19-2006, 07:24 AM
I know the reed valve will make a difference, but what about the spacer, will it make a difference as well, or is it not worth the money?

Many have said it is easy to chage the jets and no "kit" is needed, but I can't seem to find a write-up (with pictures) that show where and how to do this.

Blurry
01-19-2006, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by jvd182
planetblaster.org has some faqs and people who could hep you also.
There is a very nice write-up (with plenty of pics) that show how to rejet the carb, looks very easy....thanks for the link!

The write says that a needle clip adjustment may be needed. What does the needle clip do and when does it need to be adjusted?

01-20-2006, 12:58 PM
john...jets are easy to put in for most ppl..other then u because when we were jetting the kx and i asked u to put the main jet back in and u broke the thing by overtightening it ***got...

p.s. i know this kid quite well...im not just insulting some random kid.... so those of u who cant stand ppl who talk **** to ppl they dont know (cause i cant) ....im not...this kid doesnt know what hes doing....HAHA

(just messin man) but u did break my jet