PDA

View Full Version : Scambler 500 rear brakes

9Ball450r
01-18-2006, 06:07 PM
Does any one know how to seperate the front and rear brakes on a 2005 Scrambler 500?

NacsMXer
01-18-2006, 06:46 PM
I'm not sure what all would be involved but my first quad was a Polaris Xpress 300 with the single brake lever just like yours. It will be a problem to make them separate because there is only 1 master cylinder on the brake lever that controls both the front and the rear as you know.

To make them separate you would need another lever with its own master cylinder and brake fluid reservoir as well as the right brake lines to make it all work. If you could get a front brake/master cylinder assembly off some quad and find the right brake lines, then you mount it on the right side of your handlebars and use it as a rear brake. I really have no clue if it will work though, this is all just speculation.

QUADROOKIE
01-19-2006, 06:01 AM
There is somebody making a kit to change it but I dont remember who it is. Do a search onatvconnectionunder polaris.

scramblerracer
01-20-2006, 03:17 PM
check out hot seat performance - they have a kit that seperates and adds a lever to the right side for the rear only. Hope this helps