PDA

View Full Version : Exteme Pro Shark 70

yamadooski
01-18-2006, 02:41 AM
Are these any good?
Does anyone have one and has anyone seen one at a race and how well do they do?

Im deciding on the Kasea, E-ton70, or Pro Shark.
Or buying a done up used race mini already.

LT80
02-22-2006, 07:26 AM
I got to see one at the Texas GNC. It looks like an OK quad. FYI: It was not raced as they don't have enough in the states to be AMA legal..YET
The front end seems to work well by pushing on it. No bump steer.
The rear suspension is a bit different. It has the rear shock horizontal with tubes comming up from the swingarm to connect.

As far as choices, the new mini's with the dual a-arms are a much better product that the single a-arm of the past.
Another option for you would be the Aasco from Eastside Motorsports in Mesa AZ. Dual a-arms and a water cooled motor. I also seen them run at both the CA and TX. GNC's.

GNCC Laeger 250
02-27-2006, 12:22 PM
We have an Extreme Pro 70 built for GNCC'S ...........My 8 year old really likes it.....We have it ported, Pipe & Clutch kit. It really runs much better than stock form and I think there is some more left in it.

Blaine

K-fab
03-02-2006, 10:16 AM
In reply to your post;

The quad that the other reply was refering to was the Xtreme Typhoon .....It will be out around the first of May or around that time. As far as the Pro-Shark goes......I've worked on most of the mini quads made,and I used to think the Kasea was the "Cat's meow"......at least as a race bike.Not any more...The Pro - Shark really has probably the straightest,best geometry,best welded chassis out of all of the scooter engined mini's.The swingarn isn't that strong,but they have the best overall "do-able" package.With a +1 swingarm,and and my +4 a's with a set of Elka's on the front and rear ,we produced a really great handling quad.

SCR PRODUCTS
03-14-2006, 12:48 PM
PRO-SHARK 90

SCR PRODUCTS
03-14-2006, 12:49 PM
PRO SHARK 90

NRath
03-16-2006, 07:23 PM
I've been on the hunt lately, myself. I've already got an Xtreme Pro 100 and been pretty happy with it. However, it hasn't had the hardest workout with my daughter riding it. I've been looking for a step up for my son. He's been riding an 84 LT50 and is beyond it's rigid framed capabilities. As he says, "I need some 'spension!" I went with the Pro 100 because it had the most kid friendly suspension I could find 2 years ago. Everything else was either too little or too hard.
I've gotten a lot of info about the Typhoons recently. If it comes over anywhere near the machine that was sent to China to copy, it should be the top dog in the market for those that aren't willing to dump $7500 in a Cobra. As K-Fab said, the 90 is s'posed to arrive in mid-April and the 70's are slated for mid-May- so I was told by Xtreme yesterday.
As for the Pro Sharks, they are being dis-continued. I was told they are sold out of the 90's and only have blue and ?orange? left in the 70's. The 70 is a little pricey at $2495. Especially considering the Typhoons are rolling in at 1899 for the 70 and 1999 for the 90!! The typhoon uses Xtreme's pitbike motor, so no reverse. But that's good for weight, just over 200lbs before it went to China! Here's a pic of the prototype 125- drool, drool!

NRath
03-16-2006, 07:24 PM
For some reason, the pic didn't make it.

cjpoole1
03-16-2006, 08:19 PM
http://bxtrememotorsports.com/indy06/mini/images/mini37.jpg
http://bxtrememotorsports.com/indy06/mini/images/mini38.jpg
http://bxtrememotorsports.com/indy06/mini/images/mini39.jpg
http://bxtrememotorsports.com/indy06/mini/images/mini40.jpg
http://bxtrememotorsports.com/indy06/mini/images/mini41.jpg
http://bxtrememotorsports.com/indy06/mini/images/mini42.jpg

remainincognito
03-19-2006, 10:00 AM
Where can one order a typhoon 90cc? I'm looking to get two. I have a 10yr girl and 6yr boy. Would I need a 70cc for my son? He races mx dirtbike right now.

My daughter saw the quads racing last year at one of my son's events and wants to race. Would the typhoon 90cc be a good start for her?

Thank you all in advance.

tlark19
03-19-2006, 01:56 PM
I know their not due out until May, but that $1999 is for a straight stock version right??????

remainincognito
03-26-2006, 11:23 AM
Yes, stock for the 90cc is 1999.00. Great price in my opinion.

TomDnSC
04-04-2006, 08:09 PM
Could someone post a like to the Xtreme Motorsports website? I can't seem to find it.

Or at least post a link to an Xtreme Motorsports dealer.

Livin4Real
04-04-2006, 09:56 PM
Is the 90 going to be a two stroke or four? Any h.p. numbers?

Livin4Real
04-04-2006, 10:05 PM
btw

http://www.xtrememotorco.com/

Red50
04-06-2006, 01:47 PM
Did anyone else notice the xtreme is there (CR107) CRF base motorcycle frame set up. The streering stem goes where the forks bolt on and swing arm and shock are the same set up also.

Hondaddy
06-28-2006, 10:22 AM
I am a dealer in Ohio
We have 70 and 90cc typhoons is stock!!:)
My bikes come with the race kit on and ready
With the race kit these bikes will run around 50mph
Don't be late or someone will be riding your bike:devil:

Pappy
07-03-2006, 10:36 PM
saw a 90 this weekend...it ran for about 5 minutes:ermm: it looked good being towed back to the trailer

YZ120
07-04-2006, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
saw a 90 this weekend...it ran for about 5 minutes:ermm: it looked good being towed back to the trailer

hope thats not true:(
they sure look good:cool:

TomDnSC
07-04-2006, 06:42 PM
So has anyone Dyno'd a 90 with a Race kit? How may H.P.?

Top speed is just a matter of gearing it doesn't tell me much. I don't need to run 50 mph in the woods. But I want it to throw a roost up a hill.

Livin4Real
07-04-2006, 08:45 PM
I am a dealer in Ohio
We have 70 and 90cc typhoons is stock!!
My bikes come with the race kit on and ready
With the race kit these bikes will run around 50mph
Don't be late or someone will be riding your bike

Just curious what your "race kit" consists of? And what kind of times are we talking from 0-50mph and how were you checking (dyno, radar, gps)?

H440exconfused
07-06-2006, 03:43 PM
I am headed to the dealer right this minute to check out the 90 and the 70, they say no 125's yet. what is the race kit?

Pappy
07-06-2006, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by YZ120
hope thats not true:(
they sure look good:cool:

i dont post just to post:p the engine was making an evil sound from the top end. the poor little 8 year old girl didnt get to ride it not one bit, it started up and that was that.

ill go on record now and say that from what ive seen these will be headaches and the 90cc auto is a roach in the power department.

YZ120
07-06-2006, 04:20 PM
i dont post just to post:p the engine was making an evil sound from the top end. the poor little 8 year old girl didnt get to ride it not one bit, it started up and that was that.

ill go on record now and say that from what ive seen these will be headaches and the 90cc auto is a roach in the power department.

OK! so what do you recommend for a occasional race-trail quad without going broke,already have a polaris 90 that has tons of cash into it and still the front end is garbage(single a-arm/works shocks)
dont want to put much more into it and would really like to teach my son how to shift(ie; manual shift)
thanx

Pappy
07-06-2006, 04:31 PM
sit back and see how the xtreme does...i could always be wrong:p

Livin4Real
07-06-2006, 05:38 PM
As far as your Pred front end being garbage, why not upgrade the shocks? We get more travel out of our single a-arms than duals do. Keifer didn't need duals to win a GNC.

YZ120
07-07-2006, 04:52 PM
already have (works) on it w/stock a-arms.
if i buy new a-arms then new shocks would have to be bought.
that would be another $700 or $800 sounds like i then would have a $4000.00 quad that we couldnt ride in the desert on family camping trips.
that is why i was thinking the 4-stroke would be able to be more of a dual use quad.

newnick
07-07-2006, 05:47 PM
We have a Eton which is similar to a Polaris. I saw a Typhoon 90 this week and the front end I don't believe is any better stock than a Eton would be except for the dual a-arm mounts. The tierods and steering stem look very weak. It looks to me that it will take quite a bit of modding just like the Eton to be safe and competitive.

WOLFPACK
07-12-2006, 10:05 PM
We've had good luck with the APEX Pro 90. It needs a little help but for the price and what you get for it it is a real good deal.

www.prosportcycle.com has a 90 on the floor that they said they'd sell for $2750.

Livin4Real
07-12-2006, 10:15 PM
You have works shocks on stock arms, not to offend but no wonder you think the front end is garbage. Some +3's and better shocks and you would see a world of difference. The Apex weigh a ton and are over priced for what you get.

WOLFPACK
07-13-2006, 06:00 AM
Weighs a ton? It's the same as the Kasea with dual arms.

Anyway, the power we can pull out of the liquid cooled motor more than makes up for the weight.

WOLFPACK
07-13-2006, 06:12 AM
Originally posted by newnick
We have a Eton which is similar to a Polaris. I saw a Typhoon 90 this week and the front end I don't believe is any better stock than a Eton would be except for the dual a-arm mounts. The tierods and steering stem look very weak. It looks to me that it will take quite a bit of modding just like the Eton to be safe and competitive. We haven't been able to keep the 4-stroke China motors together. They have a ton of potential as far as power goes but because the quality is so bad they don't stay together long.

The Eton, Dinli, Apex style motor has far more potential to product power. They've all had a problem with the gears but the fix is simple and reasonably inexpensive.

The handling of a dual a-arm set-up is much better than a single. I good rider can overcome quite a bit. But a good rider on dual arms is much better off.

TomDnSC
07-13-2006, 01:25 PM
We have a Eton which is similar to a Polaris.

The Eton and the same size Polaris are made on the same production line in Taiwan. The Etons are diverted to get the Eton plastic and stickers and the Polaris get diverted to get theirs.

Livin4Real
07-13-2006, 10:17 PM
The Apex is around 285 and the Kasea is around 230, I don't think the extra set of a-arms weigh 50 lbs. One of the big complaints when these hit the shores was that they were too heavy for the frame and were breaking them.

WOLFPACK
07-14-2006, 07:42 AM
Certainly, the APEX weighs more than the Kasea (55lbs? Thats tough to believe), but the benefits of the liquid cooling and dual a-arms far outweigh. We can pull a ton more power out of the liquid plant. And, we can get the weight down to within 5 or 10 pounds of the Kasea.

The Kasea, Dinli, Eton and APEX all are made in the same factory, with the same base motor and the same frame. They all need gusseting if your going to seriously race them.

When we finish the racer you're welcome to come try it out. We are trying to make Wildcat next week. If everything works out we'll be there for open riding this weekend.

ACME ROCKET CO.
07-17-2006, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by WOLFPACK

The Kasea, Dinli, Eton and APEX all are made in the same factory, with the same base motor and the same frame.

Now that just ain't true!

Kasea is a SMP product.
Dinli is a Dinli product
Eton is a Eton product
Apex is a A-One motors product

Dinli has a entire different frame
Eton has a completley different rear shock mount position welded on the frame.
Apex has different pick up points on the frame than the Dinli/Kasea/Eton.
Plastic interchanges with none of these.
Dinli has different tranny than Kasea Eton Apex
Apex has different tranny than Dinli Eton Kasea
Eton and Kasea share similar tranny internal parts.
Motors?
Dinli has a 42 stroke by 52 bore. Air cooled
Eton and Kasea 42 stroke by 50mm bore Air cooled.
Apex has a 42 stroke by 52 bore H2O cooled.
Ignition is different on the Kasea/Dinli.
Ignition can be different on the Apex.
Dinli has a small taper crank shaft.
Fan bolt pattern different on the Kasea, Flywheel different.
Different drive belts, although one will "fit" on the other.
All use the same common Pattern Base gasket, RHLH Main Bearings and seals. Variators and clutches interchange but springs, clutch stall, roller weights vary between the manufactures also.

ACME ROCKET CO.
07-17-2006, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by TomDnSC
The Eton and the same size Polaris are made on the same production line in Taiwan. The Etons are diverted to get the Eton plastic and stickers and the Polaris get diverted to get theirs.

Don't think so! Polaris purchased Aeon Motorco a few years back.
If we are talking the 90's, and two strokes.

ACME ROCKET CO.
07-17-2006, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Livin4Real
As far as your Pred front end being garbage, why not upgrade the shocks? We get more travel out of our single a-arms than duals do. Keifer didn't need duals to win a GNC.

Keifer was actually on a Kasea that belonged to Noah, his younger brother. Had an old plus 2 swingarm with a 3 year old works shock out back!
Keifer showed them who the man was that weekend. His 1st National He gets 1St overall.
WRH POWER 90cc 1ST Place.

ACME ROCKET CO.
07-17-2006, 09:29 AM
I saw a Typhoon 90 this week/ It looks to me that it will take quite a bit of modding just like the Eton to be safe and competitive.

Newnick,
Your right but it comes with a lot for some of the younger riders.
Remember when your kid was 6 or so?
A lot of modding is expected to take place.
By January there will be things available to make it ultra light, very high quality pieces that will take the abuse.
Motor wise the 125 will have better shifting then the 90.

ACME ROCKET CO.
07-17-2006, 10:47 AM

HMMMMMMM! 5 minutes? Seems like the dealer predelivery service should be at question. Maybe they will adjust the valves and change out the run in oil next time.

I can't understand the 5 minutes run time.

trextommy51
07-17-2006, 11:25 AM
Ran one all day Sunday and Koty and Duncan did not break it. I guess we just got a good one.:rolleyes:

TomDnSC
07-17-2006, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by ACME ROCKET CO.
Don't think so! Polaris purchased Aeon Motorco a few years back.
If we are talking the 90's, and two strokes.

Acme, you are right. That was pre-Aeon Motors. Aeon builds for 2 companies Polaris Youth ATVs and Alpha Sports.

Livin4Real
07-17-2006, 10:16 PM
Hey Tommy, we were looking for you at the ESPN race in Taylorville, IL last weekend. We saw the infamous "Turtle Quad" but he said you were letting his kid use it for the weekend. We were looking forward to meeting you.

Brian

trextommy51
07-18-2006, 04:38 AM
We were on vacation. The next big race we will hit will be Loretta's. You going there? Hopefully I will be somewhere near Billy since he is a better mechanic than me.

dodgepower
07-18-2006, 12:57 PM
Tommy,

Hey sharkbait and I are gonna be at loretta's. We are just going to watch and check it out. I get back a few days before it and we already got a hotel.

Well you are a better mechanic than me and billy is better than you:D

markvette
07-18-2006, 09:18 PM
billy
glad you caught that on the frames. the polaris and the eton are totally different. the xtreme and eton are different too as i know. just used 2 rolls of welding wire to put all of bubbas 2005 eton stuff on a xtreme frame.

Mark

Rey Deleon
07-21-2006, 02:14 PM
Hello,

the 90's are 4-stroke engines and the engines may produce about 5-8 horsepower depending on how the engine is configured. the 125's may produce about 9.5 horsepower.

i hope this helps.